The Cambridge journals digital archive provides instant online access to two centuries of academic excellence and publishing history from Cambridge University Press. Our constantly growing digital archive takes knowledge off the shelf and makes it readily available online, alongside our current Cambridge Core content.
Drawing on more than 350 journals, 1 million articles and over 5 million pages of rich content, Cambridge journals digital archive offers a vast and user-friendly resource that allows researchers to place current research in historical context.
- All content has been scanned from the original published material and reproduced as high-resolution, searchable PDFs.
- Journal covers, content listings, prelims, plates and maps are reproduced in their entirety, providing a complete digital reproduction of the original journal.
- Article headers and references are created as HTML files to allow easy access to data and reference linking between articles.
- Google Scholar book referencing is available from HTML footnotes.
- DOIs are registered for each article, facilitating full reference linking to the archive content via CrossRef.
- Archive title lists are available in KBART form here.
Other benefits of Cambridge journals digital archive include:
- networked and remote access options to ensure content is available for all users, at their own convenience
- clear searching across archive and current content to provide users with greater access to the complete body of research
- archive content that can be tailored to individual users' needs, with features including 'save your favourite articles' and 'export citations'
- downloadable archive content usage statistics.
The Cambridge journals digital archive is a user friendly, accessible resource which offers over two centuries of research to complete your archive holdings and place current research in its historical context.
- over 350 journals
- over 35,000 issues
- over 1,000,000 articles
- over 5 million pages
- over 12 million linked references
This unique high-quality online archive is available either:
- as a complete digital archive
- as a Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) archive
- as a Science, Technology and Medicine (STM) archive
- or as smaller subject-based collections and as individual journal archives.
Contact us now for pricing
We would be very happy to provide pricing for your individual needs, whether you are a single institution, a multi-site organisation or a consortium. For a price proposal, please contact:
The Cambridge journals digital archive has been compiled with the help of many organisations and individuals. The majority of the content has been supplied either by the editors, editorial offices or the learned societies on whose behalf we publish specific journals. In addition, where there were gaps in the runs of journals, we have relied on the services of the British Library, Periodicals Services Company and numerous used and antiquarian book dealers.
In several cases, librarians and individuals have kindly contacted us, in response to the notices of missing issues, to lend or donate their copies. As a result, we estimate that fewer than 30 issues remain to be found. As we digitise new journals and add to our collections, this list will be updated.
Missing archives are listed in our Additional archives required section below. If you are able to help by lending any copies, please contact Gavin Swanson on email@example.com.
A huge thank you to the following libraries and individuals for generously lending their copies of missing journals:
- Professor Chris Arme and Judith Stevens, Keele University, UK
- University of Birmingham, UK
- Professor Peter Brooks, University of Plymouth, UK
- Brynmor Jones Library, University of Hull, UK
- Professor Iain Cameron, University of Southampton, UK
- Cornell University Library, Ithaca, US
- Professor Mark Davies, UK
- Garry Downs, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Flinders University Library, Adelaide, Australia
- Gibson D. Lewis Health Science Library, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, US
- Glasgow University Library, UK
- Robert Grant, Nottingham High School, UK
- Michael Heal, UK
- Hedmark University College Library, Norway
- Harri Hemila, Finland
- Hirsh Health Sciences Library, Tufts University, US
- Elaine Hickes, University of York, UK
- John Ryland Library, University of Manchester, UK
- Professor Gordon Johnson, University of Cambridge, UK
- Margareta Kimble, UK
- London School of Economics Library, London, UK
- Professor John Maynard, US
- Professor Roger Parker, UK
- Pennsylvania State University, US
- Revd Canon John Rees, UK
- Professor Malcolm Rutherford, University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Shaw-Smith Performing Arts Library, University of Maryland, US
- Simon Fraser University Library, British Columbia, Canada
- Maureen Street, UK
- Dr Thomas S Torrance, UK
- University of Colorado, Denver, US
- University of St Andrews, UK
- University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
- Neil Weir, UK
- Andrew White, Landcare Research, New Zealand
Additional archives required
The following issues are currently missing from the Journals Digital Archive, and we are trying to source them. If you can help us with supplying these issues, please contact Gavin Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acta Neuropsychiatrica (NEU): Volume 9 issue 1 and Volume 13 issue 4.
- African Issues (AFI): Issue: Quarterly Journal of Opinion Volumes 1-3, 13, 16 issue 1, 17 issue 2 and 23 issue 1.
- African Studies Newsletter/ASA News (ASN): Volume 1 issues 1, 3, 4, 6 and 7, Volume 3 issues 2-5, Volume 5 issues 3 and 6, Volume 6 issues 1 and 5, Volume 7 issues 1-6, Volume 8 issues 1-6, Volume 11 issues 2, 4 and 5 and Volumes 40-42.
- American Slavic and East European Review (SVA): Volumes 5, 7, 8 and 14 to 18.
- Australian Journal of Rehabilitation Counselling (JRC): Volume 1 issue 1.
- Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BCP): B. A. B. P. Bulletin Volumes 1 and 2.
- CNS Spectrums (CNS): Various supplements to volumes 1 to 16 (please see journal homepage for details).
- Dance Research Journal (DRJ): CORD News Volume 1 issue 1, Volume 2 issue 1 and Volumes 3-5.
- International Astronomical Union Colloquium (IAC): Volumes xi, xiv, xvi, xvii, 16, 20, 30, 55 and 94.
- Itinerario (ITI): Volume 2 issues 3 and 4.
- Journal of Smoking Cessation (JSC): Volume 1 issue 2.
- News for Teachers of Political Science (NTP): Volumes 1-10.
- Prehospital and Disaster Medicine (PDM): Volume 1 issue 4.
- Revista Internacional de la Cruz Roja (RCS): Volume 2 issue 15.
Archives in production
The following issues are currently missing from the archive, and are in the process of being produced:
- Acta Neuropsychiatrica (NEU): Volume 10 issues 1 & 2 and Volume 13 issue 2.
- The Aeronautical Journal: Volumes 8 issue 29, 11-14, 16-17, 21, 23, 27 issues 145-155, 30 and 72 issue 689.
- Africana Newsletter (AFN): Volume 1 issues 1 and 2.
- African Issues (AFI): Issue: Quarterly Journal of Opinion Volume 4 issues 1-4.
- African Studies Review (ASR): African Studies Bulletin Volumes 1 to 4.
- Ageing & Society (ASO): Volume 16 issues 5 and 6.
- Albion (ALB): Volume 5 issue 1, Volume 11 issue 2, Volume 30 issues 2-3, Volume 31 issues 1-4, Volume 32 issues 1,3 & 4, Volume 33 issues 1, 2 & 4, Volume 34 issue 4 and Volume 35 issues 1-2.
- American Slavic and East European Review (SVA): Volumes 6.
- The Americas (TAM): Volume 31 issue 1.
- ASA Review of Books (SAR): Volumes 4 and 5.
- African Studies Newsletter/ASA News (ASN): Volume 22 issue 4.
- Australian Journal of Indigenous Education (JIE): The Aboriginal Child at School Volume 3 issue 1.
- British Journal of Nutrition (BJN): Volume 78 Supplement 2.
- BSAP Occasional Publication (OBA): Volumes 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16 and 19 to 35.
- Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences (CJN): Volume 4 issues 1 and 2.
- Cambridge Classical Journal (CCJ): Proceedings of the Cambridge Philological Society New Series Volumes 5, 12, 16-18 and Old Series Volumes 28-30.
- East Asian Journal on Applied Mathematics (EAM): Volume 4 issue 4.
- Epidemiologia e psichiatria sociale. Monograph Supplement (EPX): Supplement 8.
- Experimental Agriculture (EAG): Volume 1 issue 1, Volume 2 issue 2, Volume 12 issue 3 and Volume 24 issue 4.
- Government and Opposition (GOV): Volume 2 issue 1, Volume 13 issue 4 and Volume 22 issue 3.
- History of Education Quarterly (HEQ): Volume 8 issue 1, Volume 13 issues 1 & 2 and Volume 15 issue 4.
- International Astronomical Union Colloquium (IAC): Volumes i, ii, v, vi, vii, ix, xii, xiii, xv, xx, 2, 18, 19, 25:1, 38, 43, 54, 104:2, 128, 136, 139, 150, 162, 191 & 194.
- International Review of the Red Cross (RCE): Volume 30 issue 279.
- Irish Historical Studies (IHS): Volumes 2 and 17.
- Israel Law Review (ISR): Volume 44 issue 3.
- Itinerario (ITI): Volume 1 issue 3 and 4.
- Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AAE): Volumes 23:1, 33:3 and 46 issues 3 and 4.
- Journal of Paleontology (JPA): Volume 84 issue 3.
- Journal of the Staple Inn Actuarial Society (JIS): Special issue 1998.
- The Mathematical Gazette (MAG): Issues 1 to 6, 45, 47, 48, 49, 51, 52, 53, 56, 57, 58, 61, 65, 69, 71, 72, 73, 74, 77, 81, 82, 84, 85, 86, 91, 92, 93, 95, 99, 100, 101, 123, 126, 134, 178, 235, 299 & 374.
- Materials Research Society Internet Journal of Nitride Semiconductor Research (MIJ): Volumes 4 and 5 supplementary issues.
- Netherlands Journal of Geosciences (NJG): Volume 85 issue 2 and Volume 86 issue 3.
- Numerical Mathematics: Theory, Methods and Applications (TMA): Volume 7 issue 4.
- Prehospital and Disaster Medicine (PDM): Volume 1 issues 2 and 3, Volume 23 issue 3 and various supplements to Volumes 8, 10, 17-19, 22-25.
- Proceedings of the British Society of Animal Science 1995-2009.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh Section B. Biology (PRB): Volume 62 issue 3.
- Psychological Medicine Monograph Supplement (PMS): Volume 9.
- Recusant History (BCH): Volume 4 issue 6 and Volume 11 issues 1-6.
- Slavic Review (SLR): Volume 48 issues 2 & 3 and Volume 65 issue 2.
- Slavonic and East European Review American Series (SVO): Volumes 2 and 3.
- Slavonic Yearbook American Series (SYA): Volume 1.
- Symposium - International Astronomical Union (IAS): Volumes 8, 47, 76, 100-118 , 120-123, 125, 127-130, 133-139, 143-147, 149-156, 163, 165-167, 173, 185, 190, 192, 195, 197, 198, 206, 207 & 216.
- Traditio (TDO): Volumes 1 to 4, 7, 18, 20, 21, 34, 35 and 1976 supplement.
- Transactions of the International Astronomical Union (IAT): Volumes 8 and 9.
- Zygote (ZYG): Volume 8 Supplement 1.