This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
4. E. Fombonne Is there an epidemic of autism? Pediatrics. 2001; 107:411–2.
7. PA Filipek , JA Accardo , GT Baranek , EH Cook Jr, G Dawson , B Gordon , et al.The screening and diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorders. J Aut Dev Dis. 1999; 29:439–84.
8. AJ Wakefield , SH Murch , AJ Linnell , DM Casson , M Malik , M Berelowitz , et al.Ileal-lymphoid-nodular hyperplasia, nonspecific colitis, and pervasive developmental disorder in children. Lancet. 1998; 351:637–41.
9. NP Thompson , SM Montgomery , RE Pounder , AJ. Wakefield Is measles vaccination a risk factor for inflammatory bowel disease? Lancet. 1995; 345:1071–4.
10. AJ Wakefield , A Anthony , SH Murch , M Thomson , SM Montgomery , S Davies , et al.Enterocolitis in children with developmental disorders. Am J Gastro. 2000; 95:2285–95.
12. AJ Wakefield , RM Pittilo , R Sim , SL Cosby , JR Stephenson , AP Dhillon , et al.Evidence of persistent measles virus infection in Chron’s disease. J Med Virol. 1993; 39:345–53.
13. V Uhlman , CM Martin , O Shiels , L Pilkington , I Silva , A Killalea , et al.Potential viral pathogenic mechanism for new variant inflammatory bowel disease. Mol Pathol. 2002; 55:84–90.
14. MA Afzal , E Armitage , J Begley , ML Bentley , PD Minor , S Ghosh et al.Absence of detectable measles virus genome sequence in inflammatory bowel disease tissues and peripheral blood lymphocytes. J Med Virol. 1998; 55:243–9.
15. M Iizuka , H Itou , M Chiba , T Shirasaka , S Watanabe , et al.The MMR question. Lancet. 2000; 356:160.
16. VK Singh , SX Lin , E Newell , C. Nelson Abnormal measles-mumps-rubella antibodies and CNS autoimmunity in children with autism. J Biomed Sci. 2002; 9: 359–64.
19. SH Murch , A Anthony , DH Casson , M Malik , M Berelowitz , AP Dhillon , et al.Retraction of an interpretation. Lancet. 2004; 363:750.
20. K Wilson , E Mills , C Ross , J McGowan , A. Jaddad Association of autistic spectrum disorder and the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine: a systematic review of current epidemiological evidence. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2003; 157:628–34.
21. KM Madsen , A Hvid , M Vestergaard , D Schendel , J Wohlfahrt P Thornsen , et al.A population-based study of measles, mumps, and rubella vaccination and autism. N Engl J Med. 2002; 347:1477–82.
22. B Taylor , E Miller , CP Farringtom , MC Petropoulos , I Favot-Mayaud , J Li , et al.Autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine: no epidemiological evidence for a causal association. Lancet. 1999; 353:2026–29.
23. JA Kaye , MM Melero-Montes , H. Jick Mumps, measles and rubella vaccine and the incidence of autism recorded by general practioners: a time trend analysis. BMJ. 2001; 322:460–3.
25. H Honda , Y Shimizu , M. Rutter No effect of MMR withdrawal on the incidence of autism: a total population study. J Child Psych Psychol. 2005; 46:572–79.
26. L Smeeth , C Cook , E Fombonne , L Heavey , LC Rodrigues , PG Smith , et al.MMR vaccination and pervasive developmental disorders: a case-control study. Lancet. 2004; 364:963–9.
27. A Makela , JP Nuorti , H. Petola Neurologic disorders after measles-mumps-rubella vaccination. Pediatrics. 2002; 110:957–63.
28. E Fombonne , S. Chakrabart No evidence for a new variant of measles-mumps-rubella-induced autism. Pediatrics. 2001; 108:1–8.
29. H Petola , A Patja , P Leinikki , M Valle , I Davidkin , M. Paunio No evidence for measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine-associated inflammatory bowel disease or autism in a 14-year prospective study. Lancet. 1998; 351: 1327–8.
30. C Black , JA Kaye , H. Jick Relation of childhood gastrointestinal disorders to autism: nested case-control study using data from the UK General Practice Database. BMJ. 2002; 325:419–21.
31. B Taylor , E Miller , R Lingam , N Andrews , A Simmons , J. Stowe Measles, mumps, and rubella vaccination and bowel problems or developmental regression in children with autism: population study. BMJ. 2002; 324:393–6.
32. SK Parker , B Schwartz , J Todd , LK. Pickering Thimerosal-containing vaccines and autistic spectrum disorder: a critical review of published original data. Pediatrics. 2004; 114:793–804.
36. KB Nelson , ML. Bauman Thimerosal and autism? Pediatrics. 2003; 111: 674–9.
38. S Bernard , A Enayati , L Redwood , H Roger , T. Binstock Autism: a novel form of mercury poisoning. Med Hypotheses. 2001; 56:462–71.
40. ME Pichichero , E Cernichiari , J Lopreiato , J. Treanor Mercury concentrations and metabolism in infants receiving vaccines containing thimerosall: a descriptive study. Lancet. 2002; 360:1737–41.
41. AS Holmes , MF Blaxill , BE. Haley Reduced levels of mercury in first baby haircuts of autistic children. Int J Toxicol. 2003; 22:277–85.
44. A Hviid , M Stellfeld , J Wohlfahrt , M. Melbye Association between thimerosal-containing vaccines and autism. JAMA. 2003; 290:1763–6.
45. N Andrews , E Miller , A Grant , J Stowe , V Osborne , B. Taylor Thimerosal exposure in infants and developmental disorders: a retrospective cohort study in the United Kingdom does not support a causal association. Pediatrics. 2004; 114:584–91.
46. K Madsen , M Lauritsen , C Pedersen , P Thorsen , AM Plesner , PH Anderson , et al.Thimerosal and the occurrence of autism? Negative ecological evidence from Danish population-based data. Pediatrics. 2003; 112:604–6.
48. SJ James , W Slikker , S Melnyk , E New , M Pogribna , S. Jernigan Thimerosal neurotoxicity is associated with glutathione depletion: protection with glutathione precursors. Neurotoxicology. 2005; 26:1–8.
49. M Waly , H Olteanu , R Banerjee , SW Choi , JB Mason , BS Parker , et al. Activation of methionine synthase by insulin-like growth factor-1 and dopamine: a target for neurodevelopmental toxins and thimerosal. Mol Psych. 2004; 1-13.
58. VA Jansen , N Stollenwerk , HJ Jensen , Me Ramsay , WJ Edmunds , CJ. Rhodes Measles outbreaks in populations with declining vaccine uptake. Science. 2003; 301:804.