1. R. J. Adrian , B. G. Jones , M. K. Chung , Y. Hassan , C. K. Nithianandan & A. T. C. Tung 1989 Approximation of turbulent conditional averages by stochastic estimation. Phys. Fluids A 1, 992–998.
N. Afzal & R. Narasimha
Axisymmetric turbulent boundary layer along a circular cylinder at constant pressure. J. Fluid Mech.
4. O. M. Bakken & P.-Å Krogstad 2004 A velocity dependent effective angle method for calibration of X-probes at low velocities. Exp. Fluids 37, 146–152.
6. R. B. Cal & L. Castillo 2008 Similarity analysis of favourable pressure gradient turbulent boundary layers with eventual quasilaminarization. Phys. Fluids 20, 105106.
H. Choi , P. Moin & J. Kim
Direct numerical simulation of turbulent flow over riblets. J. Fluid Mech.
G. Comte-Bellot & S. Corrsin
The use of a contraction to improve the isotropy of grid-generated turbulence. J. Fluid Mech.
F. Durst , J. Jovanović & J. Sender
LDA measurements in the near-wall region of a turbulent pipe flow. J. Fluid Mech.
11. Ö. Ertunç & F. Durst 2008 On the high contraction ratio anomaly of axisymmetric contraction of grid-generated turbulence. Phys. Fluids 20, 025103.
13. K. Kim , S. J. Baek & H. J. Sung 2002 An implicit velocity decoupling procedure for the incompressible Navier–Stokes equations. Intl J. Numer. Meth. Fluids 38, 125–138.
J. L. Lumley & G. R. Newman
The return to isotropy of homogeneous turbulence. J. Fluid Mech.
17. S. J. Nawrath , M. M. K. Khan & M. C. Welsh 2006 An experimental study of scale growth rate and flow velocity of a super-saturated caustic–aluminate solution. Intl J. Miner. Process. 80, 116–215.
S. B. Pope
Turbulent Flows. Cambridge University Press.
20. S. K. Robinson 1991 Coherent motions in the turbulent boundary layer. Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech. 23, 601–639.
21. A. M. Savill 1987 Recent developments in rapid-distortion theory. Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech. 19, 531–575.
22. S. P. Spekreijse 1995 Elliptic grid generation based on Laplace equations and algebraic transformation. J. Comput. Phys 118, 38–61.
K. R. Sreenivasan & R. Narasimha
Rapid distortion of axisymmetric turbulence. J. Fluid Mech.
24. G. I. Taylor 1935 Turbulence in a contracting stream. Z. Angew. Math. Mech. 15, 91–96.
25. J. M. J. den Toonder & F. T. M. Nieuwstadt 1997 Reynolds number effects in a turbulent pipe flow for low to moderate Re. Phys. Fluids 9, 3398–3409.
26. M. S. Uberoi 1956 Effect of wind-tunnel contraction on free stream turbulence. J. Aero. Sci. 23, 754–764.
M. S. Uberoi & S. Wallis
Small axisymmetric contraction of grid turbulence. J. Fluid Mech.
X. Wu & P. Moin
A direct numerical simulation study on the mean velocity characteristics in turbulent pipe flow. J. Fluid Mech.
J. Zhou , R. J. Adrian , S. Balachandar & T. M. Kendall
Mechanisms for generating coherent packets of hairpin vortices in channel flow. J. Fluid Mech.