- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0884-2914 (Print), 2044-5326 (Online)
- Editor: Gary L. Messing The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Editorial board
- Susmita Bose appointed JMR Associated Editor for Biomaterials
- 30 March 2017,
- Journal of Materials Research is pleased to announce the appointment of Professor Susmita Bose as Associate Editor for Biomaterials.
- Nanotubes? Buckyballs? Diamondoids? All the latest advances in carbon-based tribomaterials revealed in the July Focus Issue of Journal of Materials Research
- 15 August 2016,
- The July Journal of Materials Research (JMR) Focus Issue highlights some of the latest thinking and remaining challenges when it comes to evaluating the potential...
- Winner of the 2015 Journal of Materials Research Paper of the Year Award Announced
- 29 March 2016,
- Dr. Chong-Min Wang, Chief Scientist at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory and a leading expert in atomic-level characterization/visualization of materials...
Call for Papers
Focus Issue on Jan van der Merwe: Epitaxy and the Computer Age
Submission deadline: April 1, 2017
This Focus issue will honor the contributions of Dr. van der Merwe, and will present latest developments in epitaxy, with the focus on the fundamental materials science and the past (historic perspective), present, and future of the field.
Focus Issue on mechanical properties and microstructure of advanced metallic alloys – in Honor of Prof. Hael Mughrabi
Submission deadline: May 1, 2017
This Focus issue will honor the contributions of Prof. Hael Mughrabi, and will present latest developments in understanding the mechanical properties and microstructure of advanced metallic alloys.
Early Career Scholars in Materials Science Annual Issue
Submission deadline: June 1, 2017
This third Annual Issue invites full length research and review articles by materials researchers, who have completed their Ph.D but not yet achieved full professorship at the time of submission, for peer review and publication in the January 2018 issue.
Focus Issue on Architected Materials: Synthesis, characterization, modeling and optimal design
Submission deadline: July 1, 2017
Focus Issue: Electrocatalysts for Oxygen and Hydrogen Evolution
Submission deadline: August 1, 2017
This Focus Issue will highlight recent developments in electrocatalysts for hydrogen and oxygen evolution reactions, in both fundamental and applied science, from the molecular scale to the reactor and system design.
Call for Proposals: 2019 JMR Focus Issues
Proposals are being accepted for JMR Focus issues to be published in 2019.