- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0884-2914 (Print), 2044-5326 (Online)
- Editor: Gary L. Messing The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Editorial board
- 2016 JMR Paper of the Year awarded
- 16 May 2017,
- Gayle and Cook have won the 2016 JMR Paper of the Year, for the development and modeling of an indentation method for mapping the time-dependent viscoelastic...
- Susmita Bose appointed JMR Associated Editor for Biomaterials
- 30 March 2017,
- Journal of Materials Research is pleased to announce the appointment of Professor Susmita Bose as Associate Editor for Biomaterials.
- Nanotubes? Buckyballs? Diamondoids? All the latest advances in carbon-based tribomaterials revealed in the July Focus Issue of Journal of Materials Research
- 15 August 2016,
- The July Journal of Materials Research (JMR) Focus Issue highlights some of the latest thinking and remaining challenges when it comes to evaluating the potential...
Call for Papers
Focus Issue on mechanical properties and microstructure of advanced metallic alloys – in Honor of Prof. Hael Mughrabi
Submission deadline: May 1, 2017
This Focus issue will honor the contributions of Prof. Hael Mughrabi, and will present latest developments in understanding the mechanical properties and microstructure of advanced metallic alloys.
Early Career Scholars in Materials Science Annual Issue
Submission deadline: June 1, 2017
This third Annual Issue invites full length research and review articles by materials researchers, who have completed their Ph.D but not yet achieved full professorship at the time of submission, for peer review and publication in the January 2018 issue.
Focus Issue on Architected Materials: Synthesis, characterization, modeling and optimal design
Submission deadline: July 1, 2017
Focus Issue: Electrocatalysts for Oxygen and Hydrogen Evolution
Submission deadline: August 1, 2017
This Focus Issue will highlight recent developments in electrocatalysts for hydrogen and oxygen evolution reactions, in both fundamental and applied science, from the molecular scale to the reactor and system design.
Focus Issue on Advanced Atomistic Algorithms in Materials Science
Submission deadline: April 2018
Research papers are solicited in the development or use of innovative methods that push the boundaries of atomistic simulations in materials science. Papers concerning novel atomistic methods that are uniquely able to leverage modern computer architectures are also encouraged.
Focus Issue on Porous Carbon and Carbonaceous Materials for Energy Conversion and Storage
Submission deadline: May 2018
This JMR Focus Issue will present a broad range of topics covering the synthesis, characterization and applications of porous carbon and carbonaceous materials. Both original research articles and reviews dedicated to the demonstration of the versatile roles of these materials in energy conversion and storage will be considered.
Focus Issue on Wide Energy Gap Semiconductors: Material Issues and Device Implications
Submission deadline: June 2018
This JMR This Focus Issue will present results corresponding to both traditional wide energy gap semiconductors, and some of more recent interest. An emphasis will be placed on the material properties of these semiconductors, and the role that such properties play in defining the range of device applications possible.
Call for Proposals: 2019 JMR Focus Issues
Proposals are being accepted for JMR Focus issues to be published in 2019.