- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0884-2914 (Print), 2044-5326 (Online)
- Editor: Gary L. Messing Ceramic Materials, The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Editorial board
2018 JMR Paper of the Year Announced
Congratulations to Huachen Cui, Ryan Hensleigh, Hongshun Chen and Xiaoyu Zheng of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University for their article, Additive Manufacturing and size-dependent mechanical properties of three-dimensional microarchitected, high-temperature ceramic metamaterials.
Watch a video abstract of their article below and enjoy free access in perpetuity.
- 2018 JMR Paper of the Year: 3D-printed micro-trusses point the way toward stronger high-temperature ceramics
- 07 May 2019,
- Congratulations to Huachen Cui, Ryan Hensleigh, Hongshun Chen and Xiaoyu Zheng of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University for their article, Additive...
- Journal of Materials Research looks to the future of materials science research
- 29 March 2019,
- The Journal of Materials Research just celebrated a third of a century of publication, presenting the best of materials research since 1986. Since the beginning...
- Call for Papers: Early Career Scholars in Materials Science 2020
- 04 February 2019,
- Journal of Materials Research (JMR) publishes an Annual Issue that is devoted to early career scholars in Materials Science. The Issue invites full length research...
Call for Papers
Focus Issue: Advances in battery technology: Material innovations in design and fabrication
Submission deadline: July 1, 2019
This JMR Focus Issue is designed to report the latest advances in battery material innovations and process developments across the industry.
Focus Issue: The Science and Technology of Vapor Phase Processing and Modification of Surfaces
Submission deadline: August 1, 2019
This JMR Focus Issue solicits papers that report advances in the synthesis, processing, and performance of materials enhanced by vapor phase processes.
Focus Issue on Atomic layer deposition for emerging thin-film materials and applications
Submission deadline: September 1, 2019
This JMR Focus Issue provides a research forum to exchange the latest outcomes using ALD for emerging thin-film materials and explore the potentials of ALD materials for future applications.
Focus Issue on Heterogeneity in Beyond Graphene 2D Materials
Submission deadline: November 1, 2019
This JMR focus issue serves to report the latest advances in the area of 2D and layered materials.
Call for Proposals: 2020 JMR Focus Issues
Proposals are being accepted for JMR Focus issues to be published in 2020.
2017 JMR Paper of the Year
2016 JMR Paper of the Year
2015 JMR Paper of the Year
Related Journals from MRS
MRS Publications Print on Demand
To p , please follow this link. Purchase of print-on-demand copies is handled and fulfilled directly through Sheridan Custom Publishing*.