- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0884-2914 (Print), 2044-5326 (Online)
- Editor: Gary L. Messing Ceramic Materials, The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Editorial board
Early Career Scholars in Materials Science
Find out more about the Journal of Materials Research (JMR) Early Career Scholars in Materials Science Annual Issue in this new webinar and submit your proposals for the 2020 Issue here.
- Journal of Materials Research looks to the future of materials science research
- 29 March 2019,
- The Journal of Materials Research just celebrated a third of a century of publication, presenting the best of materials research since 1986. Since the beginning...
- Call for Papers: Early Career Scholars in Materials Science 2020
- 04 February 2019,
- Journal of Materials Research (JMR) publishes an Annual Issue that is devoted to early career scholars in Materials Science. The Issue invites full length research...
- Materials Science to Empower Quantum Information Technologies
- 29 March 2018,
- Quantum materials have exotic physical properties that arise from quantum mechanical or topological properties of their electrons. These materials display novel...
Call for Papers
Focus Issue on Building Hierarchical Materials via Particle Aggregation
Submission deadline: March 1, 2019
This JMR Focus Issue will provide a platform for interdisciplinary researchers from physics, chemistry, geology, biology, engineering, and materials science to share their approaches to understanding and controlling particle-based mechanisms of hierarchical material formation and design to synthesize novel hierarchical materials.
Focus Issue on Thermodynamics of Complex Solids
Submission deadline: April 1, 2019
This JMR Focus Issue will bring together experimentalists in thermodynamics and a wider circle of computational and structural scientists to understand the fundamental science of complex materials and apply this understanding to a rich variety of scientific and technological problems.
Focus Issue: Advances in battery technology: Material innovations in design and fabrication
Submission deadline: July 1, 2019
This JMR Focus Issue is designed to report the latest advances in battery material innovations and process developments across the industry.
Focus Issue: The Science and Technology of Vapor Phase Processing and Modification of Surfaces
Submission deadline: August 1, 2019
This JMR Focus Issue solicits papers that report advances in the synthesis, processing, and performance of materials enhanced by vapor phase processes.
Focus Issue on Atomic layer deposition for emerging thin-film materials and applications
Submission deadline: September 1, 2019
This JMR Focus Issue provides a research forum to exchange the latest outcomes using ALD for emerging thin-film materials and explore the potentials of ALD materials for future applications.
Call for Proposals: 2020 JMR Focus Issues
Proposals are being accepted for JMR Focus issues to be published in 2020.
2017 JMR Paper of the Year
2016 JMR Paper of the Year
2015 JMR Paper of the Year
Related Journals from MRS
MRS Publications Print on Demand
To p , please follow this link. Purchase of print-on-demand copies is handled and fulfilled directly through Sheridan Custom Publishing*.