- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0884-2914 (Print), 2044-5326 (Online)
- Editor: Gary L. Messing Ceramic Materials, The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Editorial board
Early Career Scholars in Materials Science
Find out more about the Journal of Materials Research (JMR) Early Career Scholars in Materials Science Annual Issue in this new webinar and submit your proposals for the 2020 Issue here.
- Materials Science to Empower Quantum Information Technologies
- 29 March 2018,
- Quantum materials have exotic physical properties that arise from quantum mechanical or topological properties of their electrons. These materials display novel...
- 2017 JMR Paper of the Year: New model could make metal alloys even stronger
- 28 March 2018,
- The Journal of Materials Research Paper of the Year recognizes excellence in advancing materials knowledge through written scholarship. The 2017 JMR Paper of the Year has been awarded to Arvind Kalidindi and Christopher A.…...
- Artificial Intelligence for Materials
- 21 March 2018,
- The materials community is just beginning to utilize Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in the research process, and it is already clear...
Call for Papers
Focus Issue: Intrinsic and Extrinsic Size Effects in Materials
Submission deadline: December 1, 2018
This JMR Focus Issue will cover advances in exploring intrinsic and extrinsic size effects in all types of materials by theories, experiments, simulations, and modeling.
Focus Issue on Building Hierarchical Materials via Particle Aggregation
Submission deadline: March 1, 2019
This JMR Focus Issue will provide a platform for interdisciplinary researchers from physics, chemistry, geology, biology, engineering, and materials science to share their approaches to understanding and controlling particle-based mechanisms of hierarchical material formation and design to synthesize novel hierarchical materials.
Focus Issue on Thermodynamics of Complex Solids
Submission deadline: April 1, 2019
This JMR Focus Issue will bring together experimentalists in thermodynamics and a wider circle of computational and structural scientists to understand the fundamental science of complex materials and apply this understanding to a rich variety of scientific and technological problems.
Call for Proposals: 2020 JMR Focus Issues
Proposals are being accepted for JMR Focus issues to be published in 2020.
2017 JMR Paper of the Year
2016 JMR Paper of the Year
2015 JMR Paper of the Year
Related Journals from MRS
MRS Publications Print on Demand
To p , please follow this link. Purchase of print-on-demand copies is handled and fulfilled directly through Sheridan Custom Publishing*.