- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0884-2914 (Print), 2044-5326 (Online)
- Editor: Gary L. Messing The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Editorial board
2017 JMR Paper of the Year: Phase transitions in stable nanocrystalline alloys
- Materials Science to Empower Quantum Information Technologies
- 29 March 2018,
- Quantum materials have exotic physical properties that arise from quantum mechanical or topological properties of their electrons. These materials display novel...
- 2017 JMR Paper of the Year: New model could make metal alloys even stronger
- 28 March 2018,
- The Journal of Materials Research Paper of the Year recognizes excellence in advancing materials knowledge through written scholarship. The 2017 JMR Paper of the Year has been awarded to Arvind Kalidindi and Christopher A.…...
- Artificial Intelligence for Materials
- 21 March 2018,
- The materials community is just beginning to utilize Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in the research process, and it is already clear...
Call for Papers
Focus issue: Catalytic engineered materials for commercial and industrial energy applications
Submission deadline: April 1, 2018
Editors for this JMR Focus Issue invite the materials community to share research on catalytic materials as a fundamental pillar in the development of fuel components, including commercial liquid fuels, hydrogen production and methane reforming.
Focus issue: Early Career Scholars in Materials Science 2019
Submission deadline: June 1, 2018
This fourth Annual Issue invites full length research and review articles by materials researchers, who have completed their Ph.D but not yet achieved full professorship at the time of submission, for peer review and publication in the January 2019 issue.
Focus issue: Understanding Water-Oxide Interfaces to Harness New Processes and Technologies
Submission deadline: July 1, 2018
This JMR Focus Issue will provide readers up-to-date information on the impact of thin water films – and the confinement of related interfaces – on structure, stability, and transformation behavior of oxide materials from different perspectives spanning materials sciences, thermodynamics, catalysis, and geochemistry.
Submission deadline: August 1, 2018
In order to take stock of the advancement on processing and properties of nanostructured HEMs, this Focus Issue will provide the researchers in this rapidly advancing field the present status and future directions.
Focus Issue on Interconnects and Interfaces in Energy Conversion Materials
Submission deadline: September 1, 2018
This JMR Focus Issue will cover advances in the synthesis, processing, and performance of both conventional alloys and unconventional compounds designed for use as electrical interconnects and interfacing materials for these high-temperature energy conversion technologies. Special attention may be given to work relating to experimental and theoretical assessment of the reaction and diffusion kinetics of these interface materials and the volatile, reactive species of energy materials.
Focus Issue on Plasticity and Fracture at the Nanoscales – Advances in In Situ Experimentation Techniques Enabling Novel and Extreme Materials/Nanocomposite Design
Submission deadline: October 1, 2018
This JMR Focus Issue will provide readers up-to-date information on the impact of these recent experimentation capabilities – the ability to observe directly how plasticity and fracture events interact with microstructures at the nanoscale – and how it could affect and enable novel and extreme materials and nanocomposite design.
Call for Proposals: 2019 JMR Focus Issues
Proposals are being accepted for JMR Focus issues to be published in 2019.
151 out of 275 Materials Science, Multidisciplinary
2016 Journal Citation Reports
© Clarivate Analytics
Related Journals from MRS
MRS Publications Print on Demand
To p , please follow this link. Purchase of print-on-demand copies is handled and fulfilled directly through Sheridan Custom Publishing*.