- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0884-2914 (Print), 2044-5326 (Online)
- Editor: Gary L. Messing The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Editorial board
Recent JMR Focus Issues
- 2016 JMR Paper of the Year awarded
- 16 May 2017,
- Gayle and Cook have won the 2016 JMR Paper of the Year, for the development and modeling of an indentation method for mapping the time-dependent viscoelastic...
- Susmita Bose appointed JMR Associated Editor for Biomaterials
- 30 March 2017,
- Journal of Materials Research is pleased to announce the appointment of Professor Susmita Bose as Associate Editor for Biomaterials.
- Nanotubes? Buckyballs? Diamondoids? All the latest advances in carbon-based tribomaterials revealed in the July Focus Issue of Journal of Materials Research
- 15 August 2016,
- The July Journal of Materials Research (JMR) Focus Issue highlights some of the latest thinking and remaining challenges when it comes to evaluating the potential...
Call for Papers
Focus Issue on Advanced Atomistic Algorithms in Materials Science
Submission deadline: September 1, 2017
Research papers are solicited in the development or use of innovative methods that push the boundaries of atomistic simulations in materials science. Papers concerning novel atomistic methods that are uniquely able to leverage modern computer architectures are also encouraged.
Focus Issue on Porous Carbon and Carbonaceous Materials for Energy Conversion and Storage
Submission deadline: October 1, 2017
This JMR Focus Issue will present a broad range of topics covering the synthesis, characterization and applications of porous carbon and carbonaceous materials. Both original research articles and reviews dedicated to the demonstration of the versatile roles of these materials in energy conversion and storage will be considered.
Focus Issue on Wide Energy Gap Semiconductors: Material Issues and Device Implications
Submission deadline: November 1, 2017
This JMR This Focus Issue will present results corresponding to both traditional wide energy gap semiconductors, and some of more recent interest. An emphasis will be placed on the material properties of these semiconductors, and the role that such properties play in defining the range of device applications possible.
Focus Issue on Stabilization of organic electronic materials and devices
Submission deadline: December 1, 2017
This Focus Issue will address both mechanistic aspects that determine the lifetime of materials and devices as well as future strategies with practical relevance for increasing the lifespan and reliability of organic electronics.
Focus Issue on Soft Magnetic Materials: Synthesis, Characterization, and Applications
Submission deadline: January 1, 2018
This JMR Focus Issue will include the latest research on soft magnetic materials for next-generation power electronics, as well as in electrical machines, and coverage of advanced characterization techniques that will be vital to understanding both the nanostructure and dynamical properties in soft magnetic materials.
Call for Proposals: 2019 JMR Focus Issues
Proposals are being accepted for JMR Focus issues to be published in 2019.
2016 JMR Paper of the Year
151 out of 275 Materials Science, Multidisciplinary
2016 Journal Citation Reports
© Thomson Reuters
Related Journals from MRS
MRS Publications Print on Demand
To p , please follow this link. Purchase of print-on-demand copies is handled and fulfilled directly through Sheridan Custom Publishing*.