- ISSN: 1053-8372 (Print), 1469-9656 (Online)
- Editor: Stephen Meardon Bowdoin College and Texas A&M International University, USA
- Editorial board
The mission of the journal is to further the objectives of the History of Economics Society. These are to promote interest in and inquiry into the history of economics and related parts of intellectual history, facilitate communication and discourse among scholars working in the field of the history of economics, and disseminate knowledge about the history of economics.
JHET is a scholarly publication of international distinction. In addition to publishing widely read and cited peer-reviewed articles, it features a regular book review section including reviews by leading specialists.
- Origins of the Sicilian Mafia: The Market for Lemons
- 15 January 2018,
- The Sicilian mafia is arguably one of the most infamous institutions in the Western world. After its first appearance in Sicily in the 1870s it soon infiltrated...
- How to be successful on the academic job market
- 24 September 2017,
- Now that the new academic year has arrived, many Ph.D. students will be going on the job market for the first time.…
- Why US battery startups fail – and how to fix it
- 06 September 2017,
- A new study published in MRS Energy & Sustainability investigates why so many of these American battery materials startups are failing under the current...