- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0079-497X (Print), 2050-2729 (Online)
- Editor: Dr Julie Gardiner The Prehistoric Society
- Editorial board
The Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society (PPS) bring the latest results of research into prehistory to a worldwide audience. Global in scope and ranging in time from the earliest traces of human activity to the advent of written history, the Proceedings offer an authoritative yet accessible account of our distant past.
The predecessor to PPS, Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society of East Anglia (published between 1911 and 1934), is available on a separate page. Click here to access this.
Following in giant footsteps: introducing a new Editorial team for Ancient Mesoamerica
- 24 March 2023,
- In January 2023, I was honored and humbled to be appointed Editor-in-Chief of Ancient Mesoamerica (ATM), together with a new Editorial team including leading...
Why Archaeological Repositories and Data Publishers Care about being FAIR
- 09 February 2023,
- Post Excerpt Archaeological data that are Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable (i.e. FAIR) enable all sorts of things that we can’t do with “hidden” or “siloed” data. As such, FAIR practices have clear impacts on archaeological data use and reuse....
Academic publishing in 2023: what’s front of mind for archaeologists?
- 31 January 2023,
- With 2023 on the horizon, and the landscape of academic publishing in flux, Cambridge University Press spoke to the Editors of the SAA’s journals to find out...