This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. L Chatzi , M Torrent , I Romieu , R Garcia-Esteban , C Ferrer , J Vioque , M Kogevinas & J Sunyer (2007) Diet, wheeze, and atopy in school children in Menorca, Spain. Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18, 480–485.
2. S Sausenthaler , B Koletzko & J Heinrich (2006) Dietary fat intake and allergic diseases. Curr Nutr Food Sci 2, 351–359.
5. C Almqvist , F Garden , W Xuan , S Mihrshahi , SR Leeder , W Oddy , K Webb & GB Marks (2007) Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid exposure from early life does not affect atopy and asthma at age 5 years. J Allergy Clin Immunol 119, 1438–1444.
7. A von Berg , S Koletzko , A Grubl , B Filipiak-Pittroff , HE Wichmann , CP Bauer , D Reinhardt & D Berdel (2003) The effect of hydrolyzed cow’s milk formula for allergy prevention in the first year of life: the German Infant Nutritional Intervention Study, a randomized double-blind trial. J Allergy Clin Immunol 111, 533–540.
8. A von Berg , S Koletzko , B Filipiak-Pittroff , B Laubereau , A Grubl , HE Wichmann , CP Bauer , D Reinhardt & D Berdel (2007) Certain hydrolyzed formulas reduce the incidence of atopic dermatitis but not that of asthma: three-year results of the German Infant Nutritional Intervention Study. J Allergy Clin Immunol 119, 718–725.
9. A Kroke , F Manz , M Kersting , T Remer , W Sichert-Hellert , U Alexy & MJ Lentze (2004) The DONALD Study. History, current status and future perspectives. Eur J Nutr 43, 45–54.
10. W Sichert-Hellert , M Kersting & F Manz (2001) Changes in time-trends of nutrient intake from fortified and non-fortified food in German children and adolescents – 15 year results of the DONALD study. Dortmund Nutritional and Anthropometric Longitudinally Designed Study. Eur J Nutr 40, 49–55.
11. DG Thomas & SD Mark (1997) Max_r: an optimal method for the selection of subsets of foods for the measurement of specific nutrient exposures. Comput Methods Programs Biomed 54, 151–156.
12. S Bohlscheid-Thomas , I Hoting , H Boeing & J Wahrendorf (1997) Reproducibility and relative validity of food group intake in a food frequency questionnaire developed for the German part of the EPIC project. European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition. Int J Epidemiol 26, Suppl. 1, S59–S70.
16. N Slimani , P Ferrari , M Ocke (2000) Standardization of the 24-hour diet recall calibration method used in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC): general concepts and preliminary results. Eur J Clin Nutr 54, 900–917.
17. S Voss , UR Charrondiere , N Slimani , A Kroke , E Riboli , J Wahrendorf & H Boeing (1998) EPIC-SOFT: a European computer program for 24-hour dietary protocols. Z Ernährungswiss 37, 227–232.
19. N Schaller , H Seiler , S Himmerich , G Karg , K Gedrich , G Wolfram & J Linseisen (2005) Estimated physical activity in Bavaria, Germany, and its implications for obesity risk: results from the BVS-II Study. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 2, 6.
22. V Deschamps , B Lauzon-Guillain , L Lafay , JM Borys , MA Charles & M Romon (2009) Reproducibility and relative validity of a food-frequency questionnaire among French adults and adolescents. Eur J Clin Nutr 63, 282–291.
23. M Erkkola , M Karppinen , J Javanainen , L Rasanen , M Knip & SM Virtanen (2001) Validity and reproducibility of a food frequency questionnaire for pregnant Finnish women. Am J Epidemiol 154, 466–476.
24. XO Shu , G Yang , F Jin , D Liu , L Kushi , W Wen , YT Gao & W Zheng (2004) Validity and reproducibility of the food frequency questionnaire used in the Shanghai Women’s Health Study. Eur J Clin Nutr 58, 17–23.