- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0002-7316 (Print), 2325-5064 (Online)
- Editor: Lynn H. Gamble University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
- Editorial board
Published on behalf of the Society for American Archaeology
American Antiquity is a peer-reviewed, quarterly journal and is considered the premier journal of North American archaeology, devoted to the archaeology of the New World, method and theory pertinent to the study of New World archaeology, and closely related subjects.
- The Context and Consequences of Sexual Harassment in Southeastern Archaeology
- 01 February 2019,
- Imagine you are a new field tech, right out of college. You decided to major in anthropology, specifically archaeology, against your parent’s wishes.…...
- Why do fewer women than men apply for grants after their PhD?
- 24 September 2018,
- The Paper of the Month from the Society of American Archaeology is “WHY DO FEWER WOMEN THAN MEN APPLY FOR GRANTS AFTER THEIR PHDS” from the journal Why conduct a study about gender disparities in archaeological grant submissions? Various studies have documented an increase in the proportion of women in academic archaeology among early and mid-career academics.…...