- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0730-9384 (Print), 1471-5457 (Online)
- Editor: Dr Gregg R. Murray Augusta University, USA
- Editorial board
Politics and the Life Sciences (PLS) is a biannual, interdisciplinary peer-reviewed journal with a global audience. PLS is the official journal of the Association for Politics and the Life Sciences, an American Political Science Association (APSA) Related Group and an American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS) Member Society. PLS publishes original scholarly research at the intersection of political science and the life sciences. The topic range includes evolutionary and laboratory insights into political behavior, from decision-making to leadership, cooperation, and competition; evolutionary analysis of political intolerance and violence, from group conflict to warfare, terrorism, and torture; political and political-economic analysis of life-sciences research, health policy, agricultural and environmental policy, and biosecurity policy; philosophical analysis of bioethical controversies; and historical analysis of currently misunderstood issues at the intersection of the social and biological sciences. Contributors include political scientists, political psychologists, life scientists, clinicians, health-policy scholars, bioethicists, biosecurity and international-security experts, environmental scientists and ecological economists, moral and evolutionary philosophers, political and environmental historians, communications and public-opinion researchers, and legal scholars.
PLS Author Presentations
Solar Geoengineering: Political and Security Challenges of ‘Dimming’ the Sun on the Horizon
- 30 May 2023,
- In my open access article ‘Considering Stratospheric Aerosol Injections beyond an Environmental Frame: the ‘Emergency’ techno-fix and Preemptive Security’,...
4 of the most common challenges for a new expat
- 03 March 2023,
- Why would you become an expat? The opportunities it brings are exciting and life-changing. But it comes with some challenges. Knowing what to expect is key....
Conversations with Authors: Whitman’s Undemocratic Vistas: Mortal Anxiety, National Glory, White Supremacy
- 02 June 2023,
- In this “Conversation with Authors,” we spoke with APSR author Jack Turner about his open access article “Whitman’s Undemocratic Vistas: Mortal Anxiety, National...