- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0730-9384 (Print), 1471-5457 (Online)
- Editor: Dr Gregg R. Murray Augusta University, USA
- Editorial board
Politics and the Life Sciences (PLS) is a biannual, interdisciplinary peer-reviewed journal with a global audience. PLS is the official journal of the Association for Politics and the Life Sciences, an American Political Science Association (APSA) Related Group and an American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS) Member Society. PLS publishes original scholarly research at the intersection of political science and the life sciences. The topic range includes evolutionary and laboratory insights into political behavior, from decision-making to leadership, cooperation, and competition; evolutionary analysis of political intolerance and violence, from group conflict to warfare, terrorism, and torture; political and political-economic analysis of life-sciences research, health policy, agricultural and environmental policy, and biosecurity policy; philosophical analysis of bioethical controversies; and historical analysis of currently misunderstood issues at the intersection of the social and biological sciences. Contributors include political scientists, political psychologists, life scientists, clinicians, health-policy scholars, bioethicists, biosecurity and international-security experts, environmental scientists and ecological economists, moral and evolutionary philosophers, political and environmental historians, communications and public-opinion researchers, and legal scholars.
PLS Author Presentations
4 of the most common challenges for a new expat
- 03 March 2023,
- Why would you become an expat? The opportunities it brings are exciting and life-changing. But it comes with some challenges. Knowing what to expect is key....
Cambridge to publish a new flagship journal in the fast-growing field of Pakistan studies
- 25 July 2022,
- Critical Pakistan Studies will be the first international journal devoted to the study of Pakistan and its peopleJournal will be interdisciplinary and open Cambridge University Press is to publish the world’s first international journal devoted to the study of Pakistan and its people.…...
The Russia-Ukraine war and the European Response: Transformative change or more of the same?
- 27 May 2022,
- The European Union (EU) has been hit by a series of crises in the past two decades testing its sense of solidarity and institutional design, namely the 2008...