This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
8. L Mashako , P Preziosi , C Nsibu . (1991) Iron and folate status in Zairian mothers and their newborns. Ann Nutr Metab 35, 309–314.
11. MA Ayoya , GM Spiekermann-Brouwer , AK Traoré . (2006) Determinants of anemia among pregnant women in Mali. Food Nutr Bull 27, 3–11.
13. MK Bouyou-Akotet , DE Ionete-Collard , M Mabika-Manfoumbi . (2003) Prevalence of Plasmodium falciparum infection in pregnant women in Gabon. Malar J 2, 18.
15. FP Mockenhaupt , B Rong , M Günther . (2000) Anaemia in pregnant Ghanaian women: importance of malaria, iron deficiency, and haemoglobinopathies. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 94, 477–483.
17. EA Achidi , AJ Kuoh , JT Minang . (2005) Malaria infection in pregnancy and its effects on haemoglobin levels in women from a malaria endemic area of Fako Division, South West Province, Cameroon. 1. J Obstet Gynaecol 25, 235–240.
18. N Diagne , C Rogier , B Cisse . (1997) Incidence of clinical malaria in pregnant women exposed to intense perennial transmission. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 91, 166–170.
21. A Dicko , C Mantel , MA Thera . (2003) Risk factors for malaria infection and anemia for pregnant women in the Sahel area of Bandiagara, Mali. Acta Trop 89, 17–23.
23. AO Egwunyenga , JA Ajayi , OP Nmorsi . (2001) Plasmodium/intestinal helminth co-infections among pregnant Nigerian women. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 96, 1055–1059.
25. C Miaffo , F Some , B Kouyate . (2004) Malaria and anemia prevention in pregnant women of rural Burkina Faso. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 4, 18.
26. OO Ejidokun (2000) Community attitudes to pregnancy, anaemia, iron and folate supplementation in urban and rural Lagos, south-western Nigeria. Midwifery 16, 89–95.
28. R Galloway , E Dusch , L Elder . (2002) Women's perceptions of iron deficiency and anemia prevention and control in eight developing countries. Soc Sci Med 55, 529–544.
30. AM Lardi , C Hirst , AJ Mortimer . (1998) Evaluation of the HemoCue for measuring intra-operative haemoglobin concentrations: a comparison with the Coulter Max-M. Anaesthesia 53, 349–352.
31. L Neufeld , A Garcia-Guerra , D Sanchez-Francia . (2002) Hemoglobin measured by HemoCue and a reference method in venous and capillary blood: a validation study. Salud Publica Mex 44, 219–227.
33. CJ Bates , L Villard , AM Prentice . (1984) Seasonal variations in plasma retinol and carotenoid levels in rural Gambian women. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 78, 814–817.
35. HE Allen , DW Crompton , N de Silva . (2002) New policies for using anthelmintics in high risk groups. Trends Parasitol 18, 381–382.
37. GR Olds (2003) Administration of praziquantel to pregnant and lactating women. Acta Trop 86, 185–195.
40. RJ Stoltzfus (2003) Iron deficiency: global prevalence and consequences. Food Nutr Bull 24, 4 Suppl., S99–S103.
41. D Geelhoed , F Agadzi , L Visser . (2006) Maternal and fetal outcome after severe anemia in pregnancy in rural Ghana. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85, 49–55.
44. FW Lone , RN Qureshi & F Emanuel (2004) Maternal anaemia and its impact on perinatal outcome. Trop Med Int Health 9, 486–490.
46. NM Zagré , G Desplats , P Adou . (2007) Prenatal multiple micronutrient supplementation has greater impact on birthweight than supplementation with iron and folic acid: a cluster-randomized, double-blind, controlled programmatic study in rural Niger. Food Nutr Bull 28, 317–327.
49. C Algarin , P Peirano , M Garrido . (2003) Iron deficiency anemia in infancy: long-lasting effects on auditory and visual system functioning. Pediatr Res 53, 217–223.
50. B Lozoff , E Jimenez & AW Wolf (1991) Long-term developmental outcome of infants with iron deficiency. N Engl J Med 325, 687–694.
51. LH Allen (1997) Pregnancy and iron deficiency: unresolved issues. Nutr Rev 55, 91–101.
52. VM Aguayo , D Koné , SI Bamba . (2005) Acceptability of multiple micronutrient supplements by pregnant and lactating women in Mali. Public Health Nutr 8, 33–37.