- ISSN: 0008-4131 (Print), 1710-1115 (Online)
- Editors: Elizabeth Cowper University of Toronto, Canada and Heather Newell Université du Québec à Montréal, Canada
- Editorial board
The Canadian Journal of Linguistics publishes articles of original research in linguistics in both English and French. The articles deal with linguistic theory, linguistic description of natural languages, phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, historical linguistics, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, first and second language acquisition, and other areas of interest to linguists.
La Revue canadienne de linguistique publie des articles portant sur des recherches originales en français et en anglais. Ces articles traitent de divers sujets d'intérêt pour les linguistes, tels que : théorie linguistique, description linguistique de diverses langues naturelles, phonétique, phonologie, morphologie, syntaxe, sémantique, linguistique historique, sociolinguistique, psycholinguistique, acquisition d'une langue maternelle et d'une langue seconde.
Recently published content
Other theoretical linguistics journals from Cambridge
- The grammar of engagement
- 21 June 2018,
- ‘Philosophy must plough over the whole of language’, as Wittgenstein famously stated. But which language? Singularising the noun allows a deceptive slippage If we trace the development of language studies in the . . . → Read More: The grammar of engagement...
- Linguistics Competition: Figures of Speech
- 15 June 2018,
- Win an iPad Pro, Apple Pen, £100 of Cambridge University Press books and the chance to have your work seen by thousands! We are inviting academics, researchers, students and enthusiasts, from around the world, to share their passion for the subject through the medium of 6 cartoons. The competition theme is the Cambridge University Press language and linguistics collection which you are encouraged to creatively and imaginatively interpret. Your cartoons can be silly or serious, intricate or simplistic. You could incorporate word play such as puns and malapropisms, or you might choose to explore the linguistic community itself. To find out more and to enter please visit the FIGURES . . . → Read More: Linguistics Competition: Figures of Speech...
- Q & A: Registered Reports from Journal of Child Language
- 30 March 2018,
- Beginning in summer 2018, Journal of Child Language will publish a new article format: Registered Reports. We asked two of the journal’s associate editors, What inspired the introduction of the Registered Reports? MELANIE: Registered reports are a relatively new phenomenon in our research community, although to my understanding they come from a similar approach in the medical research community that has been around for many years for clinical trials. They are one part of the research community’s broad-based response to the so-called “Replication Crisis”. In early 2016, we were approached by the Center for Open Science requesting that we consider bringing this format to Journal of Child Language, and the . . . → Read More: Q & A: Registered Reports from Journal of Child Language...