Turpin and Tomkins' British Government and the Constitution
Text and Materials
A lot has happened to the UK Constitution in the last seven years. We've witnessed the UK's exit from the EU, further devolution to Scotland and Wales, a number of prominent cases by the Supreme Court, two early parliamentary general elections, major governmental defeats and two Prime Ministerial resignations. Alison Young has built on the text of Colin Turpin and Adam Tomkins' earlier edition, keeping their unique historical and contextual approach, whilst bringing the material up to date with more…
- Add bookmark
- Extracts from a wide range of sources show how the law is created, interpreted and used, with materials fully integrated into the text giving a well-rounded historical and contextual approach
- Uses modern and well-known examples to introduce students to the subject, including Brexit and the Covid-19 pandemic
- Pedagogical features include introductions that establish how current issues fit the theme of the chapter
- Gives extensive coverage of judicial review
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108752268
- Series Law in Context
- Subjects Jurisprudence,Law,Law: General Interest,Public Law
- Format: Paperback
- Publication date: 10 June 2021
- ISBN: 9781108707381
- Dimensions (mm): 244 x 170 mm
- Weight: 2.09kg
- Page extent: 1088 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 22 April 2021
- ISBN: 9781108752268
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.
Constitutional and Administrative Law
Online publication date: 19 May 2022
Hardback publication date: 15 September 2022
Paperback publication date: 15 September 2022
Law and Administration
Online publication date: 06 July 2021
Hardback publication date: 30 September 2021
Paperback publication date: 30 September 2021
A.V. Dicey and the Common Law Constitutional Tradition
Online publication date: 14 January 2021
Powered by UNSILO