Fundamentals of Condensed Matter Physics
Based on an established course and covering the fundamentals, central areas and contemporary topics of this diverse field, Fundamentals of Condensed Matter Physics is a much-needed textbook for graduate students. The book begins with an introduction to the modern conceptual models of a solid from the points of view of interacting atoms and elementary excitations. It then provides students with a thorough grounding in electronic structure and many-body interactions as a starting point to understand many properties of condensed matter…
- Add bookmark
- A much-needed textbook for graduate students, covering all the fundamentals and central areas as well as contemporary topics
- Features 246 illustrations, 9 tables and 100 homework problems for students to test their understanding
- Takes readers through the concepts and techniques to give them a strong understanding
- Instructor solutions to problems are available at www.cambridge.org/cohenlouie
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781139031783
- Subjects Condensed Matter Physics,Engineering,Materials Science and Engineering,Physics and Astronomy
- Format: Hardback
- Publication date: 16 June 2016
- ISBN: 9780521513319
- Dimensions (mm): 246 x 189 mm
- Weight: 1.16kg
- Contains: 246 b/w illus. 9 tables 100 exercises
- Page extent: 460 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 01 February 2019
- ISBN: 9781139031783
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.