Teaching Secondary History
Teaching Secondary History provides a comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice of teaching History to years 7–12 in Australian schools. Engaging directly with the Australian Curriculum, this text introduces pre-service teachers to the discipline of History. It builds on students' historical knowledge, thinking and skills and offers practical guidance on how to construct well-rounded History lessons for students. From inquiry strategies and teacher- and student-centred practice, to embedding the cross-curriculum priorities in planning and assessment, this text supports the…
- Add bookmark
- Bridges the gap between theory and practice in the classroom
- Provides current and effective support for pre-service teachers in Australia
- Introduces the discipline of History and its particular skills, knowledges, curriculum context and pedagogical approaches by drawing on research and teacher practice
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108980081
- Format: Paperback
- Publication date: 16 June 2022
- ISBN: 9781108969987
- Dimensions (mm): 244 x 170 mm
- Weight: 0.535kg
- Page extent: 268 pages
- Availability: Temporarily unavailable - available from
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 15 October 2021
- ISBN: 9781108980081
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.