The Science of Learning and Development in Education
A Research-based Approach to Educational Practice
All teachers need to know how children and adolescents learn and develop. Traditionally, this knowledge had been informed by a mix of speculative and scientific theory. However, in the past three decades there has been substantial growth in new scientific knowledge about how we learn. The Science of Learning and Development in Education provides an exciting and comprehensive introduction to this field. This innovative text introduces readers to brain science and the science of complex systems as it applies to…
- Add bookmark
- Engaging and research-based introduction to the science of learning and development
- Suitable for pre-service teachers and those entering the teaching profession, as well as in-service teachers who want to better understand brain science as it relates to educational practice
- Highly illustrated and full colour publication, supported by a range of pedagogical features, allows readers to engage with the material
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781009005012
- Subjects Education,Education, History, Theory,Educational Psychology,Psychology
- Format: Paperback
- Expected publication date: 31 October 2022
- ISBN: 9781108999786
- Dimensions (mm): 254 x 203 mm
- Weight: 0.89kg
- Page extent: 400 pages
- Availability: Not yet published - available from
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 26 May 2022
- ISBN: 9781009005012
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.