- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: December 2017
- Print publication year: 2017
- Online ISBN: 9781108377362
A large part of mathematical analysis, both pure and applied, takes place on Polish spaces: topological spaces whose topology can be given by a complete metric. This analysis is not only simpler than in the general case, but, more crucially, contains many important special results. This book provides a detailed account of analysis and measure theory on Polish spaces, including results about spaces of probability measures. Containing more than 200 elementary exercises, it will be a useful resource for advanced mathematical students and also for researchers in mathematical analysis. The book also includes a straightforward and gentle introduction to the theory of optimal transportation, illustrating just how many of the results established earlier in the book play an essential role in the theory.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between 8th December 2017 - 21st February 2018. This data will be updated every 24 hours.