- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: December 2017
- Print publication year: 2017
- Online ISBN: 9781108377362
A large part of mathematical analysis, both pure and applied, takes place on Polish spaces: topological spaces whose topology can be given by a complete metric. This analysis is not only simpler than in the general case, but, more crucially, contains many important special results. This book provides a detailed account of analysis and measure theory on Polish spaces, including results about spaces of probability measures. Containing more than 200 elementary exercises, it will be a useful resource for advanced mathematical students and also for researchers in mathematical analysis. The book also includes a straightforward and gentle introduction to the theory of optimal transportation, illustrating just how many of the results established earlier in the book play an essential role in the theory.
Luca Granieri Source: Mathematical Reviews
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between 8th December 2017 - 21st August 2018. This data will be updated every 24 hours.