- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: December 2013
- Print publication year: 2013
- Online ISBN: 9781139342728
The Cambridge Companion to Literature and the Environment is an authoritative guide to the exciting new interdisciplinary field of environmental literary criticism. The collection traces the development of ecocriticism from its origins in European pastoral literature and offers fifteen rigorous but accessible essays on the present state of environmental literary scholarship. Contributions from leading experts in the field probe a range of issues, including the place of the human within nature, ecofeminism and gender, engagements with European philosophy and the biological sciences, critical animal studies, postcolonialism, posthumanism, and climate change. A chronology of key publications and bibliography provide ample resources for further reading, making The Cambridge Companion to Literature and the Environment an essential guide for students, teachers, and scholars working in this rapidly developing area of study.
Astrid Bracke Source: English Studies
The Indian Journal of Ecocriticism
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between September 2016 - 17th January 2018. This data will be updated every 24 hours.