- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: November 2007
- Print publication year: 2007
- Online ISBN: 9781139001519
- Book DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CCOL0521843901
This volume introduces students of rabbinic literature to the range of historical and interpretative questions surrounding the rabbinic texts of late antiquity. The editors, themselves well-known interpreters of Rabbinic literature, have gathered an international collection of scholars to support students' initial steps in confronting the enormous and complex rabbinic corpus. Unlike other introductions to Rabbinic writings, the present volume includes approaches shaped by anthropology, gender studies, oral-traditional studies, classics, and folklore studies.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between September 2016 - 30th May 2017. This data will be updated every 24 hours.