- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: March 2008
- Print publication year: 1977
- Online ISBN: 9781139055024
- Book DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CHOL9780521219464
First published in 1970, The Cambridge History of Islam is the most comprehensive and ambitious collaborative survey of Islamic history and civilization yet to appear in English. On publication it was welcomed as a work useful for both reference and reading, for the general reader, student and specialist alike. It has now been reprinted, with corrections, and for ease of handling the original two hardcover volumes have each been divided into two separate paperbacks.
Source: The Middle East Journal
Source: Journal of the American Oriental Society
This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between September 2016 - 25th May 2017. This data will be updated every 24 hours.