- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: March 2008
- Print publication year: 1977
- Online ISBN: 9781139055031
- Book DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CHOL9780521219471
First published in 1970, The Cambridge History of Islam is the most comprehensive and ambitious collaborative survey of Islamic history and civilisation yet to appear in English. On publication it was welcomed as a work useful both for reference and reading, for the general reader, students and specialist alike. The History has now been reprinted, with corrections, and for ease of handling the original two hardcover volumes have each been divided into two separate paperbacks. Volume 1B covers the history of the central Islamic lands from 1918 to the 1960s.
Source: The Middle East Journal
Source: Journal of the American Oriental Society
This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between September 2016 - 25th May 2017. This data will be updated every 24 hours.