- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: March 2008
- Print publication year: 1992
- Online ISBN: 9781139055444
An updated edition of this comprehensive narrative history, first published in 1989, incorporating a new chapter on the latest developments in Russian literature and additional bibliographical information. The individual chapters are by well-known specialists, and provide chronological coverage from the medieval period on, giving particular attention to the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, and including extensive discussion of works written outside the Soviet Union. The book is accessible to students and non-specialists, as well as to scholars of literature, and provides a wealth of information.
Source: The Times Higher Education Supplement
Source: Sunday Telegraph
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between September 2016 - 21st January 2018. This data will be updated every 24 hours.