- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: May 2015
- Print publication year: 2015
- Online ISBN: 9781139923286
Law and medicine can be caught in a tight embrace. They both play a central role in the politics of harm, making decisions regarding what counts as injury and what might be the most suitable forms of redress or remedy. But where do law and medicine converge and diverge in their responses to and understandings of harm and suffering? Using empirical case studies from Europe, the Americas and Africa, The Clinic and the Court brings together leading medical and legal anthropologists to explore this question.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between September 2016 - 18th March 2018. This data will be updated every 24 hours.