- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: July 2009
- Print publication year: 2005
- Online ISBN: 9780511493881
- Book DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511493881
Cross-border claims for personal injuries are becoming more common. Furthermore, European nationals increasingly join class actions in the USA. These tendencies have created a need to know more about the law of damages in Europe and America.Despite the growing importance of this subject, there is a dearth of material available to practitioners to assist them in advising their clients as to the heads of damage recoverable in other countries. This book aims to fill that gap by looking at the law in England, Germany and Italy. It sets out the raw data in the wider context of tort law, then provides a closer synthesis, largely concerned with methodological issues, and draws some comparative conclusions.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between September 2016 - 21st August 2017. This data will be updated every 24 hours.