- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: September 2016
- Print publication year: 2016
- Online ISBN: 9781316670057
Freedom's Edge takes the reader directly into the heart of the debate over the relationship between religious freedom and LGBT and reproductive rights. The book explains these complex areas of law, and what is at stake in the battle to protect each of these rights. The book argues that religious freedom and sexual freedom share some common elements and that in most contexts it is possible to protect both. Freedom's Edge explains why this is so, and provides a roadmap for finding common ground and maximizing freedoms on both sides. The book will enable anyone with an interest in these issues to understand what the law actually teaches us about religious freedom, sexual freedom, and how they interact. This is important because what is often argued by partisans on both sides distorts the legal and cultural stakes, and diminishes the possibility of compromise.
John Witte, Jr - Emory University
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between 5th September 2016 - 18th September 2018. This data will be updated every 24 hours.