- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: September 2019
- Print publication year: 2019
- Online ISBN: 9781108625388
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108625388
Optical lenses have many important applications, from telescopes and spectacles, to microscopes and lasers. This concise, introductory book provides an overview of the subtle art of lens design. It covers the fundamental, optical theory, and the practical methods and tools employed in lens design, in a succinct and accessible manner. Topics covered include first-order optics, optical aberrations, achromatic doublets, optical relays, lens tolerances, designing with off-the-shelf lenses, miniature lenses, and zoom lenses. Covering all the key concepts of lens design, and providing suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter, this book is an essential resource for graduate students working in optics and photonics, in addition to engineers and technicians working in the optics and imaging industries.
Christian Brosseau Source: Optics & Photonics News
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.