- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: November 2008
- Print publication year: 2008
- Online ISBN: 9781139052733
- Book DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CCOL9780521898881
Shakespeare Survey is a yearbook of Shakespeare studies and production. Since 1948 Survey has published the best international scholarship in English and many of its essays have become classics of Shakespeare criticism. Each volume is devoted to a theme, or play, or group of plays; each also contains a section of reviews of that year's textual and critical studies, and of the year's major British performances. The books are illustrated with a variety of Shakespearean images and production photographs. The virtues of accessible scholarship and a keen interest in performance, from Shakespeare's time to our own, have characterised the journal from the start. Most volumes of Survey have long been out of print. Back numbers are gradually being reissued in paperback. The theme for Shakespeare Survey 61 is 'Shakespeare, Sound and Screen'.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between September 2016 - 26th March 2017. This data will be updated every 24 hours.