- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: August 2009
- Print publication year: 2003
- Online ISBN: 9780511546716
- Book DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511546716
This book contains a collection of survey papers by leading researchers in ergodic theory, low-dimensional and topological dynamics and it comprises nine chapters on a range of important topics. These include: the role and usefulness of ultrafilters in ergodic theory, topological dynamics and Ramsey theory; topological aspects of kneading theory together with an analogous 2-dimensional theory called pruning; the dynamics of Markov odometers, Bratteli-Vershik diagrams and orbit equivalence of non-singular automorphisms; geometric proofs of Mather's connecting and accelerating theorems; recent results in one dimensional smooth dynamics; periodic points of nonexpansive maps; arithmetic dynamics; the defect of factor maps; entropy theory for actions of countable amenable groups.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between September 2016 - 22nd August 2017. This data will be updated every 24 hours.