This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. RF Asarnow , J Asamen , E Granholm , T Sherman , JM Watkins , ME. Williams Cognitive/neuropsychological studies of children with a schizophrenic disorder. Schizophr Bull 1994;20:647–669.
2. L Holzer , L Chinet , L Jaugey Detection of cognitive impairment with the Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status (RBANS) in adolescents with psychotic symptomatology. Schizophr Res 2007;95:48–53.
3. JT Kenny , L Friedman , RL Findling Cognitive impairment in adolescents with schizophrenia. Am J Psychiatry 1997;154:1613–1615.
4. S Kumra , E Wiggs , J Bedwell Neuropsychological deficits in pediatric patients with childhood-onset schizophrenia and psychotic disorder not otherwise specified. Schizophr Res 2000;42:135–144.
5. JP Rhinewine , T Lencz , EP Thaden Neurocognitive profile in adolescents with early-onset schizophrenia: clinical correlates. Biol Psychiatry 2005;58:705–712.
7. N Bark , N Revheim , F Huq , V Khalderov , ZW Ganz , A. Medalia The impact of cognitive remediation on psychiatric symptoms of schizophrenia. Schizophr Res 2003;63:229–235.
8. T Wykes , E Newton , S Landau , C Rice , N Thompson , S. Frangou Cognitive remediation therapy (CRT) for young early onset patients with schizophrenia: an exploratory randomized controlled trial. Schizophr Res 2007;94:221–230.
9. R Fuller , P Nopoulos , S Arndt , D O'Leary , BC Ho , NC. Andreasen Longitudinal assessment of premorbid cognitive functioning in patients with schizophrenia through examination of standardized scholastic test performance. Am J Psychiatry 2002;159:1183–1189.
10. MR Nieuwenstein , A Aleman , EH. de Haan Relationship between symptom dimensions and neurocognitive functioning in schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of WCST and CPT studies. Wisconsin Card Sorting Test. Continuous Performance Test. J Psychiatr Res 2001;35:119–125.
11. A Medalia , N Revheim , M. Casey Remediation of memory disorders in schizophrenia. Psychol Med 2000;30: 1451–1459.
13. L Krabbendam , A. Aleman Cognitive rehabilitation in schizophrenia: a quantitative analysis of controlled studies. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 2003;169:376–382.
14. MM Kurtz , PJ Moberg , RC Gur , RE. Gur Approaches to cognitive remediation of neuropsychological deficits in schizophrenia: a review and meta-analysis. Neuropsychol Rev 2001;11:197–210.
15. S Pilling , P Bebbington , E Kuipers Psychological treatments in schizophrenia: II. Meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials of social skills training and cognitive remediation. Psychol Med 2002;32:783–791.
16. EW Twamley , DV Jeste , AS. Bellack A review of cognitive training in schizophrenia. Schizophr Bull 2003;29: 359–382.
17. SR McGurk , EW Twamley , DI Sitzer , GJ McHugo , KT. Mueser A meta-analysis of cognitive remediation in schizophrenia. Am J Psychiatry 2007;164:791–802.
18. T Wykes , V Huddy , C Cellard , SR McGurk , P. Czobor A meta-analysis of cognitive remediation for schizophrenia: methodology and effect sizes. Am J Psychiatry 2011;168:472–485.
19. M Bell , G Bryson , BE. Wexler Cognitive remediation of working memory deficits: durability of training effects in severely impaired and less severely impaired schizophrenia. Acta Psychiatr Scand 2003;108:101–109.
20. A Medalia , N Revheim , M. Casey Remediation of problem-solving skills in schizophrenia: evidence of a persistent effect. Schizophr Res 2002;57:165–171.
21. T Ueland , BR. Rund A controlled randomized treatment study: the effects of a cognitive remediation program on adolescents with early onset psychosis. Acta Psychiatr Scand 2004;109:70–74.
22. T Ueland , BR. Rund Cognitive remediation for adolescents with early onset psychosis: a 1-year follow-up study. Acta Psychiatr Scand 2005;111:193–201.
23. T Wykes , C Reeder , S Landau Cognitive remediation therapy in schizophrenia: randomised controlled trial. Br J Psychiatry 2007;190:421–427.
24. A Medalia , M Aluma , W Tryon , AE. Merriam Effectiveness of attention training in schizophrenia. Schizophr Bull 1998;24:147–152.
25. J Bremer , PK. Rauch Children and computers: risks and benefits. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 1998;37:559–560.
26. MM Kurtz , JC Seltzer , DS Shagan , WR Thime , BE. Wexler Computer-assisted cognitive remediation in schizophrenia: what is the active ingredient? Schizophr Res 2007;89:251–260.
27. GE Hogarty , S Flesher , R Ulrich Cognitive enhancement therapy for schizophrenia: effects of a 2-year randomized trial on cognition and behavior. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2004;61:866–876.
28. DM Bellucci , K Glaberman , N. Haslam Computer-assisted cognitive rehabilitation reduces negative symptoms in the severely mentally ill. Schizophr Res 2003;59:225–232.
29. PC Burda , TW Starkey , F Dominguez , V. Vera Computer-assisted cognitive rehabilitation of chronic psy chiatric-inpatients. Comput Human Behav 1994;10:359–368.
30. M Fisher , C Holland , MM Merzenich , S. Vinogradov Using neuroplasticity-based auditory training to improve verbal memory in schizophrenia. Am J Psychiatry 2009;166: 805–811.
35. JI Nurnberger , MC Blehar , CA Kaufmann Diagnostic interview for genetic-studies - rationale, unique features, and training. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1994;51:849–859.
36. M Preisig , BT Fenton , ML Matthey , A Berney , F. Ferrero Diagnostic interview for genetic studies (DIGS): inter-rater and test-retest reliability of the French version. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 1999;249:174–179.
37. TJ Miller , TH McGlashan , SW Woods Symptom assessment in schizophrenic prodromal states. Psychiatr Q 1999;70:273–287.
38. C Randolph , MC Tierney , E Mohr , TN. Chase The Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status (RBANS): preliminary clinical validity. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 1998;20:310–319.
39. A Mackinnon , R. Mulligan The estimation of premorbid intelligence levels in French speakers. Encephale 2005;31:31–43.
44. J. Brandt The Hopkins Verbal Learning Test: development of a new verbal memory test with six equivalent forms. Clin Neuropsychol 2005;5:125–142.
45. RHB Benedict , D Schretlen , L Groninger , M Dobraski , B. Shpritz Revision of the brief visuospatial memory test: studies of normal performance, reliability, and validity. Psychol Assess 1996;8:145–153.
46. JR. Stroop Studies of interference in serial verbal reactions. J Exp Psychol 1935;18:643–662.
47. H Sauzeon , P Lestage , C Raboutet , B N'Kaoua , B. Claverie Verbal fluency output in children aged 7-16 as a function of the production criterion: qualitative analysis of clustering, switching processes, and semantic network exploitation. Brain Lang 2004;89:192–202.
48. R Krikorian , J Bartok , N. Gay Tower of London procedure: a standard method and developmental data. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 1994;16:840–850.
50. A Miyake , NP Friedman , MJ Emerson , AH Witzki , A Howerter , TD. Wager The unity and diversity of executive functions and their contributions to complex “Frontal Lobe” tasks: a latent variable analysis. Cogn Psychol 2000;41:49–100.
52. HM Huizenga , EA Crone , BJ. Jansen Decision-making in healthy children, adolescents and adults explained by the use of increasingly complex proportional reasoning rules. Dev Sci 2007;10:814–825.
53. A Bechara , AR Damasio , H Damasio , SW. Anderson Insensitivity to future consequences following damage to human prefrontal cortex. Cognition 1994;50:7–15.