1. Rothschild, AJ. Clinical manual for diagnosis and treatment of psychotic depression. Washington, DC, USA: American Psychiatric Publishing Inc., 2009.
2. Ostergaard, SD, Leadholm, AK, Rothschild, AJ. Persistent delusional theme over 13 episodes of psychotic depression. Acta Neuropsychiatr 2013;25:370–373.
3. Gesi, C, Carmassi, C, Miniati, M, Benvenuti, A, Massimetti, G, Dell’Osso, L. Psychotic spectrum symptoms across the lifespan are related to lifetime suicidality among 147 patients with bipolar I or major depressive disorder. Ann Gen Psychiatry 2016;15:15.
4. Zalpuri, I, Rothschild, AJ. Does psychosis increase the risk of suicide in patients with major depression? A systematic review. J Affect Disord 2016;198:23–31.
5. Leadholm, AK, Rothschild, AJ, Nielsen, J, Bech, P, Ostergaard, SD. Risk factors for suicide among 34,671 patients with psychotic and non-psychotic severe depression. J Affect Disord 2014;156:119–125.
6. Ostergaard, SD, Rothschild, AJ, Flint, AJ et al. Rating scales measuring the severity of psychotic depression. Acta Psychiatr Scand 2015;132:335–344.
7. Ostergaard, SD, Meyers, BS, Flint, AJ et al. Measuring psychotic depression. Acta Psychiatr Scand 2014;129:211–220.
8. Meyers, BS, Flint, AJ, Rothschild, AJ et al. A double-blind randomized controlled trial of olanzapine plus sertraline vs olanzapine plus placebo for psychotic depression: the study of pharmacotherapy of psychotic depression (STOP-PD). Arch Gen Psychiatry 2009;66:838–847.
9. Ostergaard, SD, Meyers, BS, Flint, AJ et al. Measuring treatment response in psychotic depression: the Psychotic Depression Assessment Scale (PDAS) takes both depressive and psychotic symptoms into account. J Affect Disord 2014;160:68–73.
10. Bech, P, Gram, LF, Dein, E, Jacobsen, O, Vitger, J, Bolwig, TG. Quantitative rating of depressive states. Acta Psychiatr Scand 1975;51:161–170.
11. Hamilton, M. Development of a rating scale for primary depressive illness. Br J Soc Clin Psychol 1967;6:278–296.
12. Overall, JE, Gorham, DR. The Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale. Psychol Rep 1962;10:799–812.
13. Ostergaard, SD, Pedersen, CH, Uggerby, P et al. Clinical and psychometric validation of the psychotic depression assessment scale. J Affect Disord 2015;173:261–268.
14. First, MB, Spitzer, RL, Gibbon, M, Williams, JBW. Structured clinical interview for DSM-IV axis I disorders, clinician version (SCID-CV). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press, 1996.
15. Guy, W. editor Clinical global impressions scale. In: ECDEU assessment manual for psychopharmacology. Rockville, MD, USA: US Department of Health, Education and Wel-fare publication no. (AMD) 76-338, NIMH, 1976.
16. Mokken, R. Theory and practice of scale analysis. Berlin, Germany: Mouton, 1971.
17. Loevinger, J. Objective tests as instruments of psychological theory. Biol Psychiatry 1957;3:249–252.
18. Ostergaard, SD, Rothschild, AJ, Flint, AJ et al. Establishing the cut-off score for remission and severity-ranges on the Psychotic Depression Assessment Scale (PDAS). J Affect Disord 2016;190:111–114.
19. Molenaar, IW, Debels, P, Sijtsma, K. User’s Manual MSP: a program for Mokken Scale Analyses for Polytomous Items (Version 3.0). Groeningen, the Netherlands: ProGAMMA, 1994.
20. Ostergaard, SD, Bertelsen, A, Nielsen, J, Mors, O, Petrides, G. The association between psychotic mania, psychotic depression and mixed affective episodes among 14,529 patients with bipolar disorder. J Affect Disord 2013;147:44–50.
21. Ostergaard, SD, Petrides, G, Dinesen, PT et al. The association between physical morbidity and subtypes of severe depression. Psychother Psychosom 2013;82:45–52.
22. Loo, CK, Mahon, M, Katalinic, N, Lyndon, B, Hadzi-Pavlodic, D. Predictors of response to ultrabrief right unilateral electroconvulsive therapy. J Affect Disord 2011;130:192–197.
23. Petrides, G, Fink, M, Husain, MM et al. ECT remission rates in psychotic versus nonpsychotic depressed patients: a report from CORE. J ECT 2001;17:244–253.
24. Leadholm, AK, Rothschild, AJ, Nolen, WA, Bech, P, Munk-Jorgensen, P, Ostergaard, SD. The treatment of psychotic depression: is there consensus among guidelines and psychiatrists? J Affect Disord 2013;145:214–220.