This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. NL Spector , W Xia , 3rd H Burris , . Study of the biologic effects of lapatinib, a reversible inhibitor of ErbB1 and ErbB2 tyrosine kinases, on tumor growth and survival pathways in patients with advanced malignancies. J Clin Oncol 2005; 23: 2502–2512.
2. DJ Slamon , B Leyland-Jones , S Shak , . Use of chemotherapy plus a monoclonal antibody against HER2 for metastatic breast cancer that over-expresses HER2. N Engl J Med 2001; 344: 783–792.
4. JG Paez , PA Janne , JC Lee , . EGFR mutations in lung cancer: correlation with clinical response to gefitinib therapy. Science 2004; 304: 1497–1500.
5. K Yu , L Toral-Barza , C Discafani , . mTOR, a novel target in breast cancer: the effect of CCI-779, an mTOR inhibitor, in preclinical models of breast cancer. Endocr Relat Cancer 2001; 8: 249–258.
7. SRD Johnston . Clinical efforts to combine endocrine agents with targeted therapies against epidermal growth factor receptor/human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 and mammalian target of rapamycin in Breast Cancer. Clin Cancer Res 2006; 12: 1061s–1068s.
8. RI Nicholson , RA McClelland , JF Robertson , . Involvement of steroid hormone and growth factor cross-talk in endocrine response in breast cancer. Endocr Relat Cancer 1999; 6: 373–387.
9. KD Miller , LI Chap , FA Holmes , . Randomized phase III trial of capecitabine compared with bevacizumab plus capecitabine in patients with previously treated metastatic breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2005; 23: 792–799.
10. CE Geyer , J Forster , D Lindquist , . Lapatinib plus capecitabine for HER2-positive advanced breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2006; 355 (26): 2733–2743.
11. S Braun , K Pantel , P Muller , . Cytokeratin-positive cells in the bone marrow and survival of patients with stage I, II, or III breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2000; 342: 525–533.
13. V Bozionellou , D Mavroudis , M Perraki , . Trastuzumab administration can effectively target chemotherapy-resistant cytokeratin-19 messenger RNA-positive tumor cells in the peripheral blood and bone marrow of patients with breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res 2004; 10: 8185–8194.
14. EH Romond , EA Perez , J Bryant , . Trastuzumab plus adjuvant chemotherapy for operable HER2-positive breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2005; 353: 1673–1684.