This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. NS Ghanayem , GM Hoffman , KA Mussatto , Home surveillance program prevents interstage mortality after the Norwood procedure. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2003; 126: 1367–1377.
2. AK Furck , A Uebing , JH Hansen , Outcome of the Norwood operation in patients with hypoplastic left heart syndrome: a 12-year single-center survey. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2010; 139: 359–365.
3. WT Mahle , TL Spray , G Wernovsky , JW Gaynor , BJ Clark III. Survival after reconstructive surgery for hypoplastic left heart syndrome: a 15-year experience from a single institution. Circulation 2000; 102 (Suppl 3): III136–III141.
4. DA Hehir , TE Dominguez , JA Ballweg , Risk factors for interstage death after stage 1 reconstruction of hypoplastic left heart syndrome and variants. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2008; 136: 94–99, 99.e1-3.
5. KN Fenton , RD Siewers , B Rebovich , FA Pigula . Interim mortality in infants with systemic-to-pulmonary artery shunts. Ann Thorac Surg 2003; 76: 152–156.
6. RG Ohye , LA Sleeper , L Mahony , Comparison of shunt types in the Norwood procedure for single-ventricle lesions. N Engl J Med 2010; 362: 1980–1992.
7. U Bartram , J Grunenfelder , PR Van . Causes of death after the modified Norwood procedure: a study of 122 postmortem cases. Ann Thorac Surg 1997; 64: 1795–1802.
8. JB Anderson , H Beekman III, WL Border , Lower weight-for-age z score adversely affects hospital length of stay after the bidirectional Glenn procedure in 100 infants with a single ventricle. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2009; 138: 397–404.
9. DK Kelleher , P Laussen , A Teixeira-Pinto , C Duggan . Growth and correlates of nutritional status among infants with hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS) after stage 1 Norwood procedure. Nutrition 2006; 22: 237–244.
10. KN Vogt , C Manlhiot , AG Van , JL Russell , S Mital , BW McCrindle . Somatic growth in children with single ventricle physiology impact of physiologic state. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007; 50: 1876–1883.
11. D Davis , S Davis , K Cotman , Feeding difficulties and growth delay in children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome versus d-transposition of the great arteries. Pediatr Cardiol 2008; 29: 328–333.
12. DN Schidlow , JB Anderson , TS Klitzner , Variation in interstage outpatient care after the Norwood procedure: a report from the Joint Council on Congenital Heart Disease National Quality Improvement Collaborative. Congenit Heart Dis 2011; 6: 98–107.
13. JR Golbus , BM Wojcik , JR Charpie , JC Hirsch . Feeding complications in hypoplastic left heart syndrome after the Norwood procedure: a systematic review of the literature. Pediatr Cardiol 2011; 32: 539–552.
14. G Menon , EM Poskitt . Why does congenital heart disease cause failure to thrive? Arch Dis Child 1985; 60: 1134–1139.
15. JB Anderson , RH Beekman III, P Eghtesady , Predictors of poor weight gain in infants with a single ventricle. J Pediatr 2010; 157: 407–413, 413.e1.
16. JB Anderson , HJ Kalkwarf , JE Kehl , P Eghtesady , BS Marino . Low weight-for-age z-score and infection risk after the Fontan procedure. Ann Thorac Surg 2011; 91: 1460–1466.
17. J Li , G Zhang , J Herridge , Energy expenditure and caloric and protein intake in infants following the Norwood procedure. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2008; 9: 55–61.
19. C Srinivasan , RD Jaquiss , WR Morrow , Impact of staged palliation on somatic growth in patients with hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Congenit Heart Dis 2010; 5: 546–551.
20. S Ovroutski , P Ewert , V exi-Meskishvili , Comparison of somatic development and status of conduit after extracardiac Fontan operation in young and older children. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2004; 26: 1073–1079.
22. BS Hasan , EA Bendaly , RD Alexy , ES Ebenroth , RA Hurwitz , AS Batra . Somatic growth after Fontan and mustard palliation. Congenit Heart Dis 2008; 3: 330–335.
23. AJ Chin , P Stephens , E Goldmuntz , MB Leonard . Serum alkaline phosphatase reflects post-Fontan hemodynamics in children. Pediatr Cardiol 2009; 30: 138–145.
24. ML Skinner , LA Halstead , CS Rubinstein , AM Atz , D Andrews , SM Bradley . Laryngopharyngeal dysfunction after the Norwood procedure. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2005; 130: 1293–1301.
25. AM Harrison , S Davis , JR Reid , Neonates with hypoplastic left heart syndrome have ultrasound evidence of abnormal superior mesenteric artery perfusion before and after modified Norwood procedure. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2005; 6: 445–447.
26. JN Johnson , AK Ansong , JS Li , Celiac artery flow pattern in infants with single right ventricle following the Norwood procedure with a modified Blalock–Taussig or right ventricle to pulmonary artery shunt. Pediatr Cardiol 2011; 32: 479–486.
27. NJ Braudis , MA Curley , K Beaupre , Enteral feeding algorithm for infants with hypoplastic left heart syndrome poststage I palliation. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2009; 10: 460–466.
29. F Pillo-Blocka , I Adatia , W Sharieff , BW McCrindle , S Zlotkin . Rapid advancement to more concentrated formula in infants after surgery for congenital heart disease reduces duration of hospital stay: a randomized clinical trial. J Pediatr 2004; 145: 761–766.
30. NS Ghanayem , JR Cava , RD Jaquiss , JS Tweddell . Home monitoring of infants after stage one palliation for hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Annu 2004; 7: 32–38.
32. JM Pearl , DP Nelson , SM Schwartz , PB Manning . First-stage palliation for hypoplastic left heart syndrome in the twenty-first century. Ann Thorac Surg 2002; 73: 331–339.
33. J Stieh , G Fischer , J Scheewe , Impact of preoperative treatment strategies on the early perioperative outcome in neonates with hypoplastic left heart syndrome. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2006; 131: 1122–1129.
34. G Natarajan , AS Reddy , S Aggarwal . Enteral feeding of neonates with congenital heart disease. Neonatology 2010; 98: 330–336.