This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. JG Berry , CG Cowley , CJ Hoff , R Srivastava . In-hospital mortality for children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome after stage I surgical palliation: teaching versus nonteaching hospitals. Pediatrics 2006; 117: 1307–1313.
2. JG Berry , TA Lieu , PW Forbes , DA Goldmann . Hospital volumes for common pediatric specialty operations. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2007; 161: 38–43.
4. OJ Benavidez , K Gauvreau , KJ Jenkins . Racial and ethnic disparities in mortality following congenital heart surgery. Pediatr Cardiol 2006; 27: 321–328.
5. JA Connor , K Gauvreau , KJ Jenkins . Factors associated with increased resource utilization for congenital heart disease. Pediatrics 2005; 116: 689–695.
6. RK Chang , S Rodriguez , M Lee , TS Klitzner . Risk factors for deaths occurring within 30 days and 1 year after hospital discharge for cardiac surgery among pediatric patients. Am Heart J 2006; 152: 386–393.
7. AJ Marelli , AS Mackie , R Ionescu-Ittu , E Rahme , L Pilote . Congenital heart disease in the general population: changing prevalence and age distribution. Circulation 2007; 115: 163–172.
8. MZ Gurvitz , M Inkelas , M Lee , K Stout , J Escarce , RK Chang . Changes in hospitalization patterns among patients with congenital heart disease during the transition from adolescence to adulthood. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007; 49: 875–882.
10. CE Cronk , ME Malloy , AN Pelech , Completeness of state administrative databases for surveillance of congenital heart disease. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 2003; 67: 597–603.
11. BK Frohnert , RC Lussky , MA Alms , NJ Mendelsohn , DM Symonik , MC Falken . Validity of hospital discharge data for identifying infants with cardiac defects. J Perinatol 2005; 25: 737–742.
12. C Mavroudis , JP Jacobs . Congenital Heart Surgery Nomenclature and Database Project: overview and minimum dataset. Ann Thorac Surg 2000; 69 (Suppl 4): S2–17.
16. JP Jacobs , C Mavroudis , ML Jacobs , Lessons learned from the data analysis of the second harvest (1998–2001) of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) Congenital Heart Surgery Database. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2004; 26: 18–37.
17. JP Jacobs , FG Lacour-Gayet , ML Jacobs , Initial application in the STS congenital database of complexity adjustment to evaluate surgical case mix and results. Ann Thorac Surg 2005; 79: 1635–1649.
18. JP Jacobs , ML Jacobs , B Maruszewski , Current status of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons Congenital Heart Surgery Database. Ann Thorac Surg 2005; 80: 2278–2283.
25. J Stark , S Gallivan , J Lovegrove , Mortality rates after surgery for congenital heart defects in children and surgeons. Lancet 2000; 355: 1004–1007.
26. JF Stark , S Gallivan , K Davis , Assessment of mortality rates for congenital heart defects and surgeons’ performance. Ann Thorac Surg 2001; 72: 169–174.
32. JW Brown , M Ruzmetov , Y Okada , P Vijay , MW Turrentine . Surgical results in patients with double outlet right ventricle: a 20-year experience. Ann Thorac Surg 2001; 72: 1630–1635.
33. K Takeuchi , FX McGowan Jr, Analysis of surgical outcome in complex double-outlet right ventricle with heterotaxy syndrome or complete atrioventricular canal defect. Ann Thorac Surg 2006; 82: 146–152.
34. MS Cohen , AH Schultz , ZY Tian , Heterotaxy syndrome with functional single ventricle: does prenatal diagnosis improve survival? Ann Thorac Surg 2006; 82: 1629–1636.
38. JP Jacobs , G Wernovsky , MJ Elliott . Analysis of outcomes for congenital cardiac disease: can we do better? Cardiol Young 2007; 17 (Suppl 2): 145–158.
42. JP Jacobs , RH Anderson , P Weinberg , The nomenclature, definition and classification of cardiac structures in the setting of heterotaxy. Cardiol Young 2007; 17 (Suppl 2): 1–28.