This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. DD Von Hoff , M Rozencweig , M Layard , M Slavik , FM Muggia . Daunomycin-induced cardiotoxicity in children and adults. A review of 110 cases. Am J Med 1977; 62: 200–208.
3. SE Lipshultz , JA Alvarez , RE Scully . Anthracycline associated cardiotoxicity in survivors of childhood cancer. Heart 2008; 94: 525–533.
4. SE Lipshultz , SD Colan , RD Gelber , AR Perez-Atayde , SE Sallan , SP Sanders . Late cardiac effects of doxorubicin therapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia in childhood. N Engl J Med 1991; 324: 808–815.
5. SE Lipshultz , SR Lipsitz , SM Mone , et al. Female sex and drug dose as risk factors for late cardiotoxic effects of doxorubicin therapy for childhood cancer. N Engl J Med 1995; 332: 1738–1743.
8. PK Singal , N Iliskovic . Doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy. N Engl J Med 1998; 339: 900–905.
10. SE Lipshultz , SR Lipsitz , SE Sallan , et al. Chronic progressive cardiac dysfunction years after doxorubicin therapy for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. J Clin Oncol 2005; 23: 2629–2636.
11. SM Shankar , N Marina , MM Hudson , et al. Monitoring for cardiovascular disease in survivors of childhood cancer: report from the Cardiovascular Disease Task Force of the Children's Oncology Group. Pediatrics 2008; 121: e387–e396.
12. GG Sandor , M Puterman , P Rogers , KW Chan , S Pritchard , R Popov . Early prediction of anthracycline cardiomyopathy using standard M-mode and digitized echocardiography. Am J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 1992; 14: 151–157.
13. D Iarussi , M Galderisi , G Ratti , et al. Left ventricular systolic and diastolic function after anthracycline chemotherapy in childhood. Clin Cardiol 2001; 24: 663–669.
14. L Elbl , H Hrstkova , V Chaloupka . The late consequences of anthracycline treatment on left ventricular function after treatment for childhood cancer. Eur J Pediatr 2003; 162: 690–696; Epub 2003 August 7.
15. LC Kremer , HJ van der Pal , M Offringa , EC van Dalen , PA Voûte . Frequency and risk factors of subclinical cardiotoxicity after anthracycline therapy in children: a systematic review. Ann Oncol 2002; 13: 819–829.
16. J Ganame , P Claus , A Uyttebroeck , et al. Myocardial dysfunction late after low-dose anthracycline treatment in asymptomatic pediatric patients. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2007; 20: 1351–1358.
17. G Perk , PA Tunick , I Kronzon . Non-Doppler two-dimensional strain imaging by echocardiography – from technical considerations to clinical applications. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2007; 20: 234–243.
18. B Pirat , DS Khoury , CJ Hartley , et al. A novel feature-tracking echocardiographic method for the quantitation of regional myocardial function: validation in an animal model of ischemia-reperfusion. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008; 51: 651–659.
19. J Korinek , J Wang , PP Sengupta , et al. Two-dimensional strain–a Doppler-independent ultrasound method for quantitation of regional deformation: validation in vitro and in vivo. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2005; 18: 1247–1253.
20. GY Cho , J Chan , R Leano , M Strudwick , TH Marwick . Comparison of two-dimensional speckle and tissue velocity based strain and validation with harmonic phase magnetic resonance imaging. Am J Cardiol 2006; 97: 1661–1666.
21. Y Li , CD Garson , Y Xu , et al. Quantification and MRI validation of regional contractile dysfunction in mice post myocardial infarction using high resolution ultrasound. Ultrasound Med Biol 2007; 33: 894–904.
22. J Korinek , J Kjaergaard , PP Sengupta , et al. High spatial resolution speckle tracking improves accuracy of 2-dimensional strain measurements: an update on a new method in functional echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2007; 20: 165–170.
23. M Dandel , R Hetzer . Echocardiographic strain and strain rate imaging – clinical applications. Int J Cardiol 2009; 132: 11–24.
24. S Sitia , L Tomasoni , M Turiel . Speckle tracking echocardiography: a new approach to myocardial function. World J Cardiol 2010; 2: 1–5.
25. A Dragulescu , LL Mertens . Developments in echocardiographic techniques for the evaluation of ventricular function in children. Arch Cardiovasc Dis 2010; 103: 603–614.
26. YF Cheung , WJ Hong , GC Chan , SJ Wong , SY Ha . Left ventricular myocardial deformation and mechanical dyssynchrony in children with normal ventricular shortening fraction after anthracycline therapy. Heart 2010; 96: 1137–1141.
27. AM Mavinkurve-Groothuis , J Groot-Loonen , KA Marcus , et al. Myocardial strain and strain rate in monitoring subclinical heart failure in asymptomatic long-term survivors of childhood cancer. Ultrasound Med Biol 2010; 36: 1783–1791.
28. P Boettler , M Hartmann , K Watzl , et al. Heart rate effects on strain and strain rate in healthy children. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2005; 18: 1121–1130.
29. L Kapusta , JM Thijssen , J Groot-Loonen , T Antonius , J Mulder , O Daniëls . Tissue Doppler imaging in detection of myocardial dysfunction in survivors of childhood cancer treated with anthracyclines. Ultrasound Med Biol 2000; 26: 1099–1108.
31. H Sawaya , IA Sebag , JC Plana , et al. Early detection and prediction of cardiotoxicity in chemotherapy-treated patients. Am J Cardiol 2011; 107: 1375–1380.
32. L Mertens , J Ganame , P Claus , et al. Early regional myocardial dysfunction in young patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2008; 21: 1049–1054.
33. RQ Migrino , D Aggarwal , E Konorev , T Brahmbhatt , M Bright , B Kalyanaraman . Early detection of doxorubicin cardiomyopathy using two-dimensional strain chocardiography. Ultrasound Med Biol 2008; 34: 208–214.
34. H Geyer , G Caracciolo , H Abe , et al. Assessment of myocardial mechanics using speckle tracking echocardiography: fundamentals and clinical applications. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2010; 23: 351–369.
35. M Becker , E Bilke , H Kühl , et al. Analysis of myocardial deformation based on pixel tracking in two dimensional echocardiographic images enables quantitative assessment of regional left ventricular function. Heart 2006; 92: 1102–1108.