This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
6. SH Kennedy , R Milev , P Giacobbe , etal. Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments (CANMAT) clinical guidelines for the management of major depressive disorder in adults. IV. Neurostimulation therapies. J Affect Disord. 2009; 117(suppl. 1): S44–S53.
7. F Fregni , PS Boggio , MA Nitsche , etal. Treatment of major depression with transcranial direct current stimulation. Bipolar Disord. 2006; 8: 203–204.
8. PS Boggio , SP Rigonatti , RB Ribeiro , etal. A randomized, double-blind clinical trial on the efficacy of cortical direct current stimulation for the treatment of major depression. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2008; 11: 249–254.
9. SP Rigonatti , PS Boggio , ML Myczkowski , etal. Transcranial direct stimulation and fluoxetine for the treatment of depression. Eur Psychiatry. 2008; 23: 74–76.
10. R Ferrucci , M Bortolomasi , M Vergari , etal. Transcranial direct current stimulation in severe, drug-resistant major depression. J Affect Disord. 2009; 118: 215–219.
11. CK Loo , P Sachdev , D Martin , etal. A double-blind, sham-controlled trial of transcranial direct current stimulation for the treatment of depression. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2010; 13: 61–69.
12. AR Brunoni , R Ferrucci , M Bortolomasi , etal. Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) in unipolar vs. bipolar depressive disorder. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2011; 35: 96–101.
13. DM Blumberger , LC Tran , PB Fitgerald , KE Hoy , ZJ Daskalakis . A randomized double-blind sham-controlled study of transcranial direct current stimulation for treatment-resistant major depression. Front Psychiatry. 2012; 3: 74.
14. CK Loo , A Alonzo , D Martin , etal. Transcranial direct current stimulation for depression: 3-week, randomised, sham-controlled trial. Br J Psychiatry. 2012; 200: 52–59.
15. U Palm , C Schiller , Z Fintescu , etal. Transcranial direct current stimultation in treatment resistant depression: a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Brain Stimul. 2012; 5(3): 242–251.
16. MA Nitsche , W Paulus . Excitability changes induced in the human motor cortex by weak transcranial direct current stimulation. J Physiol. 2000; 527: 633–639.
17. MA Nitsche , W Paulus . Sustained excitability elevations induced by transcranial DC motor cortex stimulation in humans. Neurology. 2001; 57: 1899–1901.
18. S Grimm , J Beck , D Schuepbach , etal. Imbalance between left and right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in major depression is linked to negative emotional judgment: an fMRI study in severe major depressive disorder. Biol Psychiatry. 2008; 63: 369–376.
19. B Dell'Osso , S Zanoni , R Ferrucci , etal. Transcranial direct current stimulation for the outpatient treatment of poor-responder depressed patients. Eur Psychiatry. 2012; 27(7): 513–517.
20. B Dell'Osso , A Priori , AC Altamura . Efficacy and safety of transcranial direct current stimulation in major depression. Biol Psychiatry. 2011; 69: e23–24.
21. G Ardolino , B Bossi , S Barbieri , A Priori . Non-synaptic mechanisms underlie the after-effects of cathodal transcutaneous direct current stimulation of the human brain. J Physiol. 2005; 568: 653–663.
22. D Liebetanz , F Fregni , KK Monte-Silva , etal. After-effects of transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) on cortical spreading depression. Neurosci Lett. 2006; 398: 85–90.
24. AR Brunoni , L Valiengo , A Baccaro , etal. The sertraline vs. electrical current therapy for treating depression clinical study: results from a factorial, randomized, controlled trial. JAMA Psychiatry. 2013; 70(4): 383–391.
25. DM Martin , A Alonzo , KA Ho , etal. Continuation transcranial direct current stimulation for the prevention of relapse in major depression. J Affect Disord. 2013; 144(3): 274–278.
26. L Valiengo , IM Benseñor , AC Goulart , etal. The sertraline versus electrical current therapy for treating depression clinical study (select-tdcs): results of the crossover and follow-up phases. Depress Anxiety. 2013; 30(7): 646–653.
27. M Hamilton . A rating scale for depression. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1960; 23: 56–62.
28. SA Montgomery , M Asberg . A new depression scale designed to be sensitive to change. Br J Psychiatry. 1979; 134: 382–389.
29. RC Young , JT Biggs , VE Ziegler , DA Meyer . A rating scale for mania: reliability, validity and sensitivity. Br J Psychiatry. 1978; 133: 429–435.
30. P Bech , P Allerup , LF Gram , etal. The Hamilton depression scale. Evaluation of objectivity using logistic models. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1981; 63: 290–299.
32. DM Martin , A Alonzo , PB Mitchell , etal. Fronto-extracephalic transcranial direct current stimulation as a treatment for major depression: An open-label pilot study. J Affect Disord. 2011; 134(1–3): 459–463.
33. V Gálvez , A Alonzo , D Martin , etal. Hypomania induction in a patient with bipolar II disorder by transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS). J ECT. 2011; 27(3): 256–258.
34. JP O'Reardon , HB Solvason , PG Janicak , etal. Efficacy and safety of transcranial magnetic stimulation in the acute treatment of major depression: a multisite randomized controlled trial. Biol Psychiatry. 2007; 62: 1208–1216.
35. DA Groves , VJ Brown . Vagal nerve stimulation: a review of its applications and potential mechanisms that mediate its clinical effects. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2005; 29: 493–500.
36. AM Lozano , P Giacobbe , C Hamani , etal. A multicenter pilot study of subcallosal cingulate area deep brain stimulation for treatment-resistant depression. J Neurosurg. 2012; 116(2): 315–322.
37. HA Sackeim , RF Haskett , BH Mulsant , etal. Continuation pharmacotherapy in the prevention of relapse following electroconvulsive therapy: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2001; 285: 1299–1307.
38. V Navarro . Improving medication compliance in patients with depression: use of orodispersible tablets. Adv Ther. 2010; 27: 785–795.
39. D Gourion , A Galinowski , L Baraille , H Picard . [Switch antidepressants: when? how? why?] Encephale. 2011; 37(suppl 1): S50–S57. In French.