2. KS Douglas , LS Guy , SD Hart . Psychosis as a risk factor for violence to others: a meta-analysis. Psychol Bull. 2009; 135(5): 679–706.
3. K Witt , R van dorn , S Fazel . Risk factors for violence in psychosis: systematic review and meta-regression analysis of 110 studies. PloS One. 2013; 8(2): e55942.
4. S Wessely , A Buchanan , A Reed , etal. Acting on delusions. I: Prevalence. Br J Psychiatry. 1993; 163(1): 69–76.
8. B Teasdale , E Silver , J Monahan . Gender, threat/control-override delusions and violence. Law Hum Behav. 2006; 30(6): 649–658.
9. T Stompe , G Ortwein-Swoboda , H Schanda . Schizophrenia, delusional symptoms, and violence: the threat/control override concept reexamined. Schizophr Bull. 2004; 30(1): 31–44.
10. AF Nederlof , P Muris , JE Hovens . Threat/control-override symptoms and emotional reactions to positive symptoms as correlates of aggressive behavior in psychotic patients. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2011; 199(5): 342–347.
12. A Buchanan , A Reed , S Wessely , etal. Acting on delusions. II: The phenomenological correlates of acting on delusions. Br J Psychiatry. 1993; 163(1): 77–81.
13. P Cheung , I Schweitzer , K Crowley , V Tuckwell . Violence in schizophrenia: role of hallucinations and delusions. Schizophr Res. 1997; 26(2–3): 181–190.
14. JW Coid , S Ullrich , C Kallis , etal. The relationship between delusions and violence: findings from the East London first episode psychosis study. JAMA Psychiatry. 2013; 70(5): 465–471.
16. F Shawyer , A Mackinnon , J Farhall , T Trauer , D Copolov . Command hallucinations and violence: implications for detention and treatment. Psychiatry, Psychology and Law. 2003; 10(1): 97–107.
17. P Chadwick , M Birchwood . The omnipotence of voices: a cognitive approach to hallucinations. Br J Psychiatry. 1994; 164(2): 190–201.
19. DE McNiel , JP Eisner , RL Binder . The relationship between command hallucinations and violence. Psychiatr Serv. 2000; 51(10): 1288–1292.
20. A Mackinnon , DL Copolov , T Trauer . Factors associated with compliance and resistance to command hallucinations. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2004; 192(5): 357–362.
22. R Erkwoh , K Willmes , A Eming-Erdmann , HJ Kunert . Command hallucinations: who obeys and who resists them? Psychopathology. 2002; 35(5): 272–279.
23. A Beck-Sander , M Birchwood , P Chadwick . Acting on command hallucinations: a cognitive approach. Br J Clin Psychol. 1997; 36(Pt 1): 139–148.
24. JRE Fox , NS Gray , H Lewis . Factors determining compliance with command hallucinations with violent content: the role of social rank, perceived power of the voice and voice malevolence. The Journal of Forensic Psychiatry & Psychology. 2004; 15(3): 511–531.
25. S Bucci , M Birchwood , L Twist , N Tarrier , R Emsley , G Haddock . Predicting compliance with command hallucinations: anger, impulsivity and appraisals of voices’ power and intent. Schizophr Res. 2013; 147(1): 163–168.
29. C Graz , E Etschel , H Schoech , M Soyka . Criminal behavior and violent crimes in former inpatients with affective disorder. J Affect Disord. 2009; 117(1–2): 98–103.
33. S Yang , EP Mulvey , TA Loughran , BH Hanusa . Psychiatric symptoms and alcohol use in community violence by person with a psychotic disorder or depression. Psychiatr Serv. 2012; 63(3): 262–269.
34. M Krakowski , J Volavka , D Brizer . Psychopathology and violence: a review of literature. Compr Psychiatry. 1986; 27(2): 131–148.
35. K Tardiff , A Sweillam . Assault, suicide, and mental illness. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1980; 37(2): 164–169.
36. S Fazel , P Lichtenstein , M Grann , GM Goodwin , N Langstrom . Bipolar disorder in violent crime: new evidence from population-based longitudinal studies and systematic review. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2010; 67(9): 931–938.
38. PF Buckley , DR Hrouda , L Friedman , SG Noffsinger , PJ Resnick , K Camlin-Shingler . Insight and its relationship to violent behavior in patients with schizophrenia. Am J Psychiatry. 2004; 161(9): 1712–1714.
40. GM Asnis , ML Kaplan , G Hundorfean , W Saeed . Violence and homicidal behaviors in psychiatric disorders. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 1997; 20(2): 405–425.
41. JO Roaldset , S Bjørkly . Patients’ own statements of their future risk for violent and self-harm behaviour: a prospective inpatient and post-discharge follow-up study in an acute psychiatric unit. Psychiatry Res. 2010; 178(1): 153–159.
42. JP Singh , S Fazel . Forensic risk assessment: a metareview. Criminal Justice and Behavior. 2010; 37(9): 965–988.