This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. KG Niederauer , DT Braga , FP Souza , . Quality of life in individuals with obsessive-compulsive disorder: literature review. Rev Bras Psiquiatr. 2007; 29(3): 271–278.
4. AR Torres , MC Lima . Epidemiology of obsessive-compulsive disorder: a review. Rev Bras Psiquiatr. 2005; 27: 237–242.
5. LF Fontenelle , MV Mendlowicz , M Versiani . The descriptive epidemiology of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2006; 30: 327–337.
6. EC Miguel , JF Leckman , S Rauch , . Obsessive-compulsive disorder phenotypes: implications for genetic studies. Mol Psychiatry. 2005; 10(3): 258–275.
7. EC Miguel , MT Mercadante , S Grisi , . The national science and technology institute in child and adolescence developmental psychiatry: a new paradigm for Brazilian psychiatry focused on our children and their future. Rev Bras Psiquiatr. 2009; 31(2): 85–88.
8. MA de Mathis , JB Diniz , AR Torres , . What is the optimal way to subdivide obsessive-compulsive disorder? CNS Spectr. 2006; 11(10): 762–769.
11. MA de Mathis , MC do Rosario , JB Diniz , . Obsessive-compulsive disorder: influence of age at onset on comorbidity patterns. Eur Psychiatry. 2008; 23(3): 187–194.
12. EC Miguel , YA Ferrão , MA Rosário , . The Brazilian Research Consortium on Obsessive-Compulsive Spectrum Disorders (CTOC) recruitment, assessment instruments, methods for the development of multicenter collaborative studies and preliminary results. Rev Bras Psiquiatr. 2008; 30(3): 185–196.
14. WK Goodman , LH Price , SA Rasmussen , . The Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale I: development, use, and reliability. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1989; 46(11): 1006–1011.
15. MC Rosario-Campos , EC Miguel , S Quatrano , . The Dimensional Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale (DY-BOCS): an instrument for assessing obsessive-compulsive symptom dimensions. Mol Psychiatry. 2006; 11(5): 495–504.
16. JF Leckman , MA Riddle , MT Hardin , . The Yale Global Tic Severity Scale: initial testing of a clinician-rated scale of tic severity. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1989; 28(4): 566–573.
18. AT Beck , CH Ward , M Mendelson , . An inventory for measuring depression. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1961; 4: 561–571.
19. AT Beck , N Epstein , G Brown , RA Steer . An inventory for measuring clinical anxiety: psychometric properties. J Consult Clin Psychol. 1988; 56(6): 893–897.
21. EC Miguel , L Baer , BJ Coffey , . Phenomenological differences appearing with repetitive behaviors in obsessive-compulsive disorder and Gilles de la Tourette syndrome. Brit J Psychiatry. 1997; 170: 140–145.
22. MC Rosario-Campos , JF Leckman , MT Mercadante , . Adults with early-onset obsessive-compulsive disorder. Am J Psychiatry. 2001; 158(11): 1899–1903.
23. JB Diniz , MC Rosario-Campos , RG Shavitt , . Impact of age at onset and duration of illness on the expression of comorbidities in obsessive-compulsive disorder. J Clin Psychiatry. 2004; 65(1): 22–27.
24. JB Diniz , MC Rosario-Campos , AG Hounie , . Chronic tics and Tourette syndrome in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder. J Psychiatr Res. 2006; 40(6): 487–493.
26. YA Ferrão , EC Miguel , DJ Stein . Tourette's syndrome, trichotillomania and obsessive-compulsive disorder: how closely are they related? Psychiatry Res. 2009; 170(1): 32–42.
27. CJ McDougle , WK Goodman , JF Leckman , . The efficacy of fluvoxamine in obsessive-compulsive disorder: effects of comorbid chronic tic disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 1993; 13(5): 354–358.
28. CJ McDougle , WK Goodman , JF Leckman , . Haloperidol addition in fluvoxamine-refractory obsessive-compulsive disorder: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study in patients with and without tics. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1994; 51(4): 302–308.
30. G Hasler , VH LaSalle-Ricci , JG Ronquillo , . Obsessive-compulsive disorder symptom dimensions show specific relationships to psychiatric comorbidity. Psychiatry Res. 2005; 135(2): 121–132.
31. JF Leckman , MH Bloch . A developmental and evolutionary perspective on obsessive-compulsive disorder: whence and whither compulsive hoarding? Am J Psychiatry. 2008; 165(10): 1229–1233.
32. MH Bloch , A Landeros-Weisenberger , MC Rosario , . Meta-analysis of the symptom structure of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Am J Psychiatry. 2008; 165(12): 1532–1542.
33. MH Bloch . Emerging treatments for Tourette's disorder. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2008; 10(4): 323–330.
35. DC Cath , P Spinhoven , TC van Woerkom , . Gilles de la Tourette's syndrome with and without obsessive-compulsive disorder compared with obsessive-compulsive disorder without tics: which symptoms discriminate? J Nerv Ment Dis. 2001; 189(4): 219–228.
36. MN Potenza , LM Koran , S Pallanti . The relationship between impulse-control disorders and obsessive-compulsive disorder: a current understanding and future research directions. Psychiatry Res. 2009; 170(1): 21–30.
38. DA Geller . Obsessive-compulsive and spectrum disorders in children and adolescents. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2006; 29(2): 353–370.
39. S Walitza , H Zellmann , B Irblich , . Children and adolescents with obsessive-compulsive disorder and comorbid attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: preliminary results of a prospective follow-up study. J Neural Transm. 2008; 115(2): 187–190.
40. T Petter , MA Richter , P Sandor . Clinical features distinguishing patients with Tourette's syndrome and obsessive-compulsive disorder from patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder without tics. J Clin Psychiatry. 1998; 59(9): 456–459.
41. BJ Coffey , EC Miguel , J Biederman , . Tourette disorder with and without obsessive-compulsive disorder in adults: are they different? J Nerv Ment Dis. 1998; 186: 201–206.
42. HJ Grabe , S Ruhrmann , C Spitzer , . Obsessive-compulsive disorder and posttraumatic stress disorder. Psychopathology. 2008; 41(2): 129–134.
43. P de Silva , M Marks . The role of traumatic experiences in the genesis of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Behav Res Ther. 1999; 37(10): 941–951.
44. LF Fontenelle , L Cocchi , BJ Harrison , . Towards a post-traumatic subtype of obsessive-compulsive disorder. J Anxiety Disord. 2012; 26: 377–383.