This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. JP McEvoy , JA Lieberman , TS Stroup , etal. Effectiveness of clozapine versus olanzapine, quetiapine, and risperidone in patients with chronic schizophrenia who did not respond to prior atypical antipsychotic treatment. Am J Psychiatry. 2006; 163(4): 600–610.
2. E Hermes , R Rosenheck . Choice of randomization to clozapine versus other second generation antipsychotics in the CATIE schizophrenia trial. J Psychopharmacol. 2012; 26(9): 1194–1200.
3. J Nielsen , M Dahm , H Lublin , D Taylor . Psychiatrists’ attitude towards and knowledge of clozapine treatment. J Psychopharmacol. 2010; 24(7): 965–971.
4. HY Meltzer . Clozapine: balancing safety with superior antipsychotic efficacy. Clin Schizophr Relat Psychoses. 2012; 6(3): 134–144.
6. SM Stahl , DA Morrissette , L Citrome , etal. “Meta-guidelines” for the management of patients with schizophrenia. CNS Spectr. 2013; 18(3): 150–162.
7. HY Meltzer , L Alphs , AI Green , etal. Clozapine treatment for suicidality in schizophrenia. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2003; 60(1): 82–91.
10. C Frogley , D Taylor , G Dickens , M Picchioni . A systematic review of the evidence of clozapine's anti-aggressive effects. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2012; 15(9): 1351–1371.
11. MK Krakowski , P Czobor , L Citrome , N Bark , TB Cooper . Atypical antipsychotic agents in the treatment of violent patients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2006; 63(6): 622–629.
15. J Tiihonen , J Lönnqvist , K Wahlbeck , etal. 11-year follow-up of mortality in patients with schizophrenia: a population-based cohort study (FIN11 study). Lancet. 2009; 374(9690): 620–627.
16. D Cohen , JP Bogers , D van Dijk , B Bakker , PF Schulte . Beyond white blood cell monitoring: screening in the initial phase of clozapine therapy. J Clin Psychiatry. 2012; 73(10): 1307–1314.
17. J Nielsen , CU Correll , P Manu , JM Kane . Termination of clozapine treatment due to medical reasons: when is it warranted and how can it be avoided? J Clin Psychiatry. 2013; 74(6): 603–613.
18. MM Hsieh , JE Everhard , DD Byrd-Holt , JF Tisdale , GP Rodgers . Prevalence of neutropenia in the U.S. population: age, sex, smoking status, and ethnic differences. Ann Intern Med. 2007; 146(7): 486–492.
19. S Rajagopal . Clozapine, agranulocytosis, and benign ethnic neutropenia. Postgrad Med J. 2005; 81(959): 545–546.
20. P Manu , D Sarpal , O Muir , JM Kane , CU Correll . When can patients with potentially life-threatening adverse effects be rechallenged with clozapine? A systematic review of the published literature. Schizophr Bull. 2012; 134(2–3): 180–186.
21. S Sockalingam , C Shammi , G Remington . Treatment of clozapine-induced hypersalivation with ipratropium bromide: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2009; 70(8): 1114–1119.
22. J Nielsen , JM Meyer . Risk factors for ileus in patients with schizophrenia. Schizophr Bull. 2012; 38(3): 592–598.
23. JM Meyer , MA Cummings . Lubiprostone for treatment resistant constipation associated with clozapine use. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2014; 130(1): 71–72.