This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. SH Preskorn . Understanding outliers on the usual dose response curve: venlafaxine as a way to phenotype patients in terms of their CYP 2D6 status and why it matters. J Psychiatr Pract. 2010; 16(1): 46–49.
4. AL Nichols , K Focht , O Jiang , . Pharmacokinetics of venlafaxine extended release 75 mg and desvenlafaxine 50 mg in healthy CYP2D6 extensive and poor metabolizers: a randomized, open-label, two-period, parallel-group, crossover study. Clin Drug Investig. 2001; 31(3): 155–167.
5. KW Lobello , SH Preskorn , CJ Guico-Pabia . CYP2D6 phenotype predicts antidepressant efficacy of venlafaxine. J Clin Psychiatry. 2010; 71(11): 1482–1487.
6. CJ Bachmeier , D Beaulieu-Abdelahad , NJ Ganey , . Induction of drug efflux protein expression by venlafaxine but not desvenlafaxine. Biopharm Drug Dispos. 2011; 32(4): 233–244.
7. JH Lin . Drug-drug interaction mediated by inhibition and induction of P-glycoprotein. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2003; 55: 53–81.
8. AI Nichols , KA Tourian , SY Tse , . Desvenlafaxine for major depressive disorder: incremental clinical benefits from a second-generation serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2010; 6(12): 1565–1574.
9. K Droll , K Bruce-Mensah , SV Otton , . Comparison of three CYP2D6 probe substrates and genotype in Ghanaians, Chinese and Caucasians. Pharmacogenetics. 1998; 8(4): 325–333.
10. I Ieiri , H Takane , K Otsubo . The MDR1 (ABCB1) gene polymorphism and its clinical implications. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2004; 43(9): 553–576.
11. CJ Guico-Pabia , Q Jiang , PT Ninan , . Clinical outcomes following switch from venlafaxine ER to desvenlafaxine in nonresponders and responders. Curr Med Res Opin. 2011; 27(9): 1815–1826.
12. P Bech , P Boyer , JM Germain , . HAM-D17 and HAM-D6 sensitivity to change in relation to desvenlafaxine dose and baseline depression severity in major depressive disorder. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2010; 43(7): 271–276.
13. T Norman . The new antidepressants—mechanisms of action. Aust Prescr. 1999; 22: 106–108.