This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
4. PN Levett . Leptospirosis. Clinical Microbiology Reviews 2001; 14: 296–326.
5. RC Abdulkader , Leptospirosis severity may be associated with the intensity of humoral immune response. Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo 2002; 44: 79–83.
15. F Guidugli , AA Castro , AN Atallah . Antibiotics for preventing leptospirosis. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2000. Issue no. 4. Article no. CD001305.
8. E Costa , Penicillin at the late stage of leptospirosis: a randomized controlled trial. Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo 2003; 45: 141–145.
11. K Phimda , Doxycycline versus azithromycin for treatment of leptospirosis and scrub typhus. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 2007; 51: 3259–3263.
16. SC Sehgal , Randomized controlled trial of doxycycline prophylaxis against leptospirosis in an endemic area. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents 2000; 13: 249–255.
17. CR Gonsalez , Use of doxycycline for leptospirosis after high-risk exposure in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo 1998; 40: 59–61.
19. ME Griffith , DR Hospenthal , CK Murray . Antimicrobial therapy of leptospirosis. Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases 2006; 19: 533–537.
20. F Guidugli , AA Castro , AN Atallah . Systematic reviews on leptospirosis. Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo 2000; 42: 47–49.
22. G Pappas , A Cascio . Optimal treatment of leptospirosis: queries and projections. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents 2006; 28: 491–496.
28. F Erdinc , Three cases of anicteric leptospirosis from Turkey: mild to severe complications. Journal of Infection 2005; 52: e45–48.
41. EF Daher , CB Nogueira . Evaluation of penicillin therapy in patients with leptospirosis and acute renal failure. Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo 2000; 42: 327–332.
46. TR Jevon , A point-source epidemic of leptospirosis. Description of cases, cause, and prevention. Postgraduate Medicine 1986; 80: 121127–, –122129.
47. JB McClain , Doxycycline therapy for leptospirosis. Annals of Internal Medicine 1984; 100: 696–698.
56. JA Hanley , A Lippman-Hand . If nothing goes wrong, is everything all right? Interpreting zero numerators. Journal of the American Medical Association 1983; 249: 1743–1745.
59. PN Levett , Detection of pathogenic leptospires by real-time quantitative PCR. Journal of Medical Microbiology 2005; 54: 45–49.