1. BB Chomel , RW Kasten . Bartonellosis, an increasingly recognized zoonosis. Journal of Applied Microbiology 2010; 109: 743–750.
2. JB Henn , Bartonella rochalimae in raccoons, coyotes, and red foxes. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2009; 15: 1984–1987.
3. JD Schaefer , Isolation or detection of Bartonella vinsonii subspecies berkhoffii and Bartonella rochalimae in the endangered island foxes (Urocyon littoralis). Veterinary Microbiology 2011; 154: 135–139.
4. JH Quinn , Pathogen and rodenticide exposure in American badgers (Taxidea taxus) in California. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 2012; 48: 467–472.
7. X Gerrikagoitia , Presence of Bartonella species in wild carnivores of northern Spain. Applied Environmental Microbiology 2012; 78: 885–888.
9. BB Chomel , Candidatus Bartonella merieuxii, a potential new zoonotic Bartonella species in canids from Iraq. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases 2012; 6: e1843.
10. S Sato , Isolation and phylogenetic analysis of Bartonella species from wild carnivores of the suborder Caniformia in Japan. Veterinary Microbiology 2012; 161: 130–136.
11. G Kaewmongkol , Zoonotic Bartonella species in fleas and blood from red foxes in Australia. Vector Borne Zoonotic Diseases 2011; 11: 1549–1553.
12. EB Breitschwerdt , Bartonellosis: an emerging infectious disease of zoonotic importance to animals and human beings. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (San Antonio) 2010; 20: 8–30.
13. MR André , Molecular detection of tick-borne bacterial agents in Brazilian and exotic captive carnivores. Ticks and Tick-borne Diseases 2012; 3: 247–253.
MS Namekata ,
Seroprevalence of Bartonella spp. in the endangered island fox (Urocyon littoralis). Veterinary Microbiology
2009; 136: 184–187.
15. JD Schaefer , Seroepidemiology of Bartonella infection in gray foxes from Texas. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dieases 2012; 12: 428–30.
16. JB Henn , Gray foxes (Urocyon cinereoargenteus) as a potential reservoir of a Bartonella clarridgeiae-like bacterium and domestic dogs as part of a sentinel system for surveillance of zoonotic arthropod-borne pathogens in northern California. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2007; 45: 2411–2418.
17. PP Diniz , Canine bartonellosis: serological and molecular prevalence in Brazil and evidence of co-infection with Bartonella henselae and Bartonella vinsonii subsp. berkhoffii. Veterinary Research 2007; 38: 697–710.
20. PP Diniz , Infection of domestic dogs in Peru by zoonotic Bartonella species: a cross-sectional prevalence study of 219 asymptomatic dogs. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases 2013; 7: e2393.
21. JK Levy , Infectious diseases of dogs and cats on Isabela Island, Galapagos. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2008; 22: 60–65.
22. MJ Yabsley , Prevalence of Ehrlichia canis, Anaplasma platys, Babesia canis vogeli, Hepatozoon canis, Bartonella vinsonii berkhoffii, and Rickettsia spp. in dogs from Grenada. Veterinary Parasitology 2008; 151: 279–285.
23. N Balakrishnan , Experimental infection of dogs with Bartonella henselae and Bartonella vinsonii subsp. berkhoffii. Veterinary Immunology Immunopathology 2013; 156: 153–158.
24. BB Chomel , Experimental infection of dogs with various Bartonella species or subspecies isolated from their natural reservoir. Veterinary Microbiology 2014; 168: 169–176.
25. BB Chomel , Aortic valve endocarditis in a dog due to Bartonella clarridgeiae. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2001; 39: 3548–3554.
26. BB Chomel , Bartonella endocarditis: a pathology shared by animal reservoirs and patients. Annals of the New York Academy Sciences 2009; 1166: 120–126.
27. JB Henn , Infective endocarditis in a dog and the phylogenetic relationship of the associated ‘Bartonella rochalimae’ strain with isolates from dogs, gray foxes, and a human. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2009; 47: 787–790.
28. A Fenimore , Bartonella spp. DNA in cardiac tissues from dogs in Colorado and Wyoming. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2011; 25: 613–616.