This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
EJ Barzilay ,
Cholera surveillance during the Haiti epidemic – the first 2 years. New England Journal of Medicine
2013; 368: 599–609.
H Markel . A piece of my mind. Happy birthday, Dr Snow. Journal of the American Medical Association
2013; 309: 995–996.
RJ Waldman , ED Mintz , HE Papowitz . The cure for cholera – improving access to safe water and sanitation. New England Journal of Medicine
2013; 368: 592–594.
7. EB Steinberg , Cholera in the United States, 1995–2000: trends at the end of the twentieth century. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2001; 184: 799–802.
BE Mahon ,
Reported cholera in the United States, 1992–1994: a reflection of global changes in cholera epidemiology. Journal of the American Medical Association
1996; 276: 307–312.
9. JT Weber , Cholera in the United States, 1965–1991. Risks at home and abroad. Archives of Internal Medicine 1994; 154: 551–556.
PA Blake ,
Cholera – a possible endemic focus in the United States. New England Journal of Medicine
1980; 302: 305–309.
12. PW Lowry , Cholera in Louisiana: widening spectrum of seafood vehicles. Archives of Internal Medicine 1989; 149: 2079–2084.
13. A Newton , Increasing rates of vibriosis in the United States, 1996–2010: review of surveillance data from 2 systems. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2012; 54 (Suppl. 5): S391–395.
16. C Ghosh , A search for cholera toxin (CT), toxin coregulated pilus (TCP), the regulatory element ToxR and other virulence factors in non-01/non-0139 Vibrio cholerae. Microbial Pathogenesis 1997; 22: 199–208.
18. KL Cooper , Development and validation of a PulseNet standardized pulsed-field gel electrophoresis protocol for subtyping of Vibrio cholerae. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease 2006; 3: 51–58.
ML Jimenez ,
Multinational cholera outbreak after wedding in the Dominican Republic. Emerging Infectious Diseases
2011; 17: 2172–2174.
D Talkington ,
Characterization of toxigenic Vibrio cholerae from Haiti, 2010–2011. Emerging Infectious Diseases
2011; 17: 2122–2129.
ME Kendall ,
Travel-associated enteric infections diagnosed after return to the United States, Foodborne Diseases Active Surveillance Network (FoodNet), 2004–2009. Clinical Infectious Diseases
2012; 54 (Suppl. 5): S480–487.
WH Chen ,
Safety and immunogenicity of single-dose live oral cholera vaccine strain CVD 103-HgR, prepared from new master and working cell banks. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology
2014; 21: 66–73.
37. AA Ries , Cholera in Piura, Peru: a modern urban epidemic. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1992; 166: 1429–1433.
38. RV Tauxe , ED Mintz , RE Quick . Epidemic cholera in the new world: translating field epidemiology into new prevention strategies. Emerging Infectious Diseases 1995; 1: 141–146.