This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. ET Thorne , ES Williams . Disease and endangered species: the black-footed ferret as a recent example. Conserv Biol 1988; 2: 66–74.
2. JA Simonetti . Wildlife conservation outside parks is a disease-mediated task. Conserv Biol 1995; 9: 454–456.
4. KD Lafferty , LR Gerber . Good medicine for conservation biology: the intersection of epidemiology and conservation theory. Conserv Biol 2002; 16: 593–604.
7. MEJ Woolhouse , LH Taylor , DT Haydon . Population biology of multihost pathogens. Science 2001; 292: 1109–1112.
8. C Loehle . Social barriers to pathogen transmission in wild animal populations. Ecology 1995; 76: 326–335.
10. CM Sauter , RS Morris . Behavioural studies on the potential for direct transmission of tuberculosis from feral ferrets (Mustela furo) and possums (Trichosurus vulpecula) to farmed livestock. N Z Vet J 1999; 43: 294–300.
13. WJ Foreyt , DA Jessup . Fatal pneumonia of bighorn sheep following association with domestic sheep. J Wildl Dis 1982; 18: 163–168.
15. K Frölich , S Thiede , T Kozikowski , W Jakob . A review of mutual transmission of important infectious diseases between livestock and wildlife in Europe. Ann NY Acad Sci 2002; 969: 4–13.
17. NJL Gilmour . Pasteurella haemolytica infections in sheep. Vet Q 1980; 2: 191–198.
20. SJ Sweeney , RM Silflow , WJ Foreyt . Comparative leukotoxicities of Pasteurella haemolytica isolates from domestic sheep and free-ranging bighorn sheep (Ovis canadensis). J Wildl Dis 1994; 30: 523–528.
24. B Garin-Bastiji , F Delcueillerie . Human and animal brucellosis in France in 2000. Epidemiological situation – control and eradication programmes. Méd Mal Infect 2001; 31: 202–216.
25. E Ferroglio , F Tolar , E Bollo , B Bassano . Isolation of Brucella melitensis from Alpine ibex. J Wildl Dis 1998; 34: 400–402.
33. MI Gilmour , CM Wathes , FG Taylor . The airborne survival of Pasteurella haemolytica and its deposition in and clearance from the mouse lung. Vet Microbiol 1990; 21: 363–375.
35. HA Rowe , IR Poxton , W Donachie . Survival of Manheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytica in tracheobronchial washing of sheep and cattle. Vet Microbiol 2001; 81: 305–314.
36. T Sisay , A Zerihun . Diversity of Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella trehalosi serotypes from apparently healthy sheep and abattoir specimens in the highlands of Wollo, north east Ethiopia. Vet Res Com 2003; 27: 3–14.
43. JS Nishi , C Stephen , BT Elkin . Implications of agricultural and wildlife policy on management and eradication of bovine tuberculosis and brucellosis in free-ranging wood bison of northern Canada. Ann NY Acad Sci 2002; 969: 236–244.