This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. BJ Ridenhour , Controlling the spread of disease in schools. PLoS One 2011; 6: e29640.
3. CM Liao , CF Chang , HM Liang . A probabilistic transmission dynamic model to assess indoor airborne infection risks. Risk Analysis 2005; 25: 1097–1107.
4. SC Chen , CF Chang , CM Liao . Predictive models of control strategies involved in containing indoor airborne infections. Indoor Air 2006; 16: 469–481.
5. SC Chen , CM Liao . Modelling control measures to reduce the impact of pandemic influenza among schoolchildren. Epidemiology and Infection 2008; 136: 1035–1045.
8. RM Anderson , RM May . Infectious Diseases of Humans: Dynamics and Control. UK: Oxford University Press, 1991.
9. R Brookmeyer , E Johnson , R Bollinger . Modeling the optimum duration of antibiotic prophylaxis in an anthrax outbreak. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2003; 100: 10129–10132.
10. R Brookmeyer , E Johnson , R Bollinger . Public health vaccination policies for containing an anthrax outbreak. Nature 2004; 432: 901–904.
11. R Brookmeyer , E Johnson , S Barry . Modeling the incubation period of anthrax. Statistics in Medicine 2005; 24: 531–542.
12. EA Nardell , Airborne infection: theoretical limits of protection achievable by building ventilation. American Review of Respiratory Disease 1991; 144: 302–306.
13. S Barnhart , Tuberculosis in health care settings and the estimated benefits of engineering controls and respiratory protection. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 1997; 39: 849–854.
14. SN Rudnick , DK Milton . Risk of indoor airborne infection transmission estimated from carbon dioxide concentration. Indoor Air 2003; 13: 237–245.
15. M Baguelin , Health and economic impact of the seasonal influenza vaccination programme in England. Vaccine 2012; 30: 3459–3462.
16. RP Velasco , Systematic review of economic evaluations of preparedness strategies and interventions against influenza pandemics. PLoS One 2012; 7: e30333.
17. L Acedo , Cost analysis of a vaccination strategy for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in a network model. Mathematical and Computer Modelling 2010; 52: 1016–1022.
18. ST Brown , Would school closure for the 2009 H1N1 influenza epidemic have been worth the cost?: a computational simulation of Pennsylvania. BMC Public Health 2011; 11: 353.
19. CS Wang , ST Wang , P Chou . Efficacy and cost-effectiveness of influenza vaccination of the elderly in a densely populated and unvaccinated community. Vaccine 2002; 20: 2494–2499.
20. ST Wang , Economic evaluation of vaccination against influenza in the elderly: an experience from a population-based influenza vaccination program in Taiwan. Vaccine 2005; 23: 1973–1980.
21. WJ Edmunds , GF Medley , DJ Nokes . Evaluating the cost-effectiveness of vaccination programmes: A dynamic perspective. Statistics in Medicine 1999; 18: 3263–3282.
22. PJ Neumann , AB Rosen , MC Weinstein . Medicare and cost-effectiveness analysis. New England Journal of Medicine 2005; 353: 1516–1522.
23. C Fraser , Factors that make an infectious disease outbreak controllable. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2004; 101: 6146–6151.
24. CB Beggs , Methodology for determining the susceptibility of airborne microorganisms to irradiation by an upper-room UVGI system. Journal of Aerosol Science 2006; 37: 885–902.
25. MV Maciosek , Influenza vaccination: health impact and cost effectiveness among adults aged 50 to 64 and 65 and older. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2006; 31: 72–79.
26. S Aballea , The cost effectiveness of influenza vaccination for adults aged 50 to 64 years: a model-based analysis for Spain. Vaccine 2007; 25: 6900–6910.
27. SL Hoshi , Cost-effectiveness analysis of influenza vaccination for people aged 65 and over in Japan. Vaccine 2007; 25: 6511–6521.
28. D Weycker , Population-wide benefits of routine vaccination of children against influenza. Vaccine 2005; 23: 1284–1293.
29. LA Prosser , Health benefits, risks, and cost-effectiveness of influenza vaccination of children. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2006; 12: 1548–1558.
31. L Salleras , Effectiveness of virosomal subunit influenza vaccine in preventing influenza-related illnesses and its social and economic consequences in children aged 3–14 years: a prospective cohort study. Vaccine 2006; 24: 6638–6642.
35. JP Niffenegger . Proper handwashing promotes wellness in child care. Journal of Pediatric Health Care 1997; 11: 26–31.
36. MG Roberts , MI Tobias . Predicting and preventing measles epidemics in New Zealand: application of mathematical model. Epidemiology and Infection 2000; 124: 279–287.
37. MA Ryan , RS Christian , J Wohlrabe . Handwashing and respiratory illness among young adults in military training. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2001; 21: 79–83.
38. CG White , Reduction of illness absenteeism in elementary schools using an alcohol-free instant hand sanitizer. Journal of School Nursing 2001; 17: 258–265.
39. C White , The effect of hand hygiene on illness rate among students in university residence halls. American Journal of Infection Control 2003; 31: 364–370.