This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. JA Bick . Infection control in jails and prisons. Clinical Infectious Disease 2007; 45: 1047–1055.
3. A Kariminia , Factors associated with mortality in a cohort of Australian prisoners. European Journal of Epidemiology 2007; 22: 417–428.
4. CR Horsburgh Jr., EJ Rubin . Clinical practice. Latent tuberculosis infection in the United States. New England Journal of Medicine 2011; 364: 1441–1448.
5. DS Abebe , Prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis and associated risk factors in Eastern Ethiopian prisons. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 2011; 15: 668–673.
6. D Stuckler , Mass incarceration can explain population increases in TB and multidrug-resistant TB in European and central Asian countries. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2008; 105: 13280–13285.
7. K Lönnroth , Tuberculosis control and elimination 2010–50: cure, care, and social development. Lancet 2010; 375: 1814–1829.
8. MC Layton , Universal radiographic screening for tuberculosis among inmates upon admission to jail. American Journal of Public Health 1997; 87: 1335–1337.
9. A Kowada . Cost effectiveness of interferon-gamma release assay for school-based tuberculosis screening. Molecular Diagnosis and Therapy 2012; 16: 181–190.
10. MA de Perio , Cost-effectiveness of interferon gamma release assays vs tuberculin skin tests in health care workers. Archives of Internal Medicine 2009; 169: 179–187.
11. A Kowada , Cost-effectiveness analysis of interferon-γ release assays versus chest X-ray for annual tuberculosis screening of healthcare workers. Journal of Hospital Infection 2011; 78: 152–154.
12. A Kowada . Cost-effectiveness of interferon-γ release assay versus chest X-ray for tuberculosis screening of employees. American Journal of Infection Control 2011; 39: e67–72.
13. A Kowada . Cost effectiveness of interferon-gamma release assay for tuberculosis screening of rheumatoid arthritis patients prior to initiation of tumor necrosis factor-α antagonist therapy. Molecular Diagnosis and Therapy 2010; 14: 367–373.
14. AB Hardy , Cost-effectiveness of the NICE guidelines for screening for latent tuberculosis infection: the QuantiFERON-TB Gold IGRA alone is more cost-effective for immigrants from high burden countries. Thorax 2010; 65: 178–180.
16. M Pai , A Zwerling , D Menzies . Systematic review: T-cell-based assays for the diagnosis of latent tuberculosis infection: an update. Annals of Internal Medicine 2008; 149: 177–184
17. P Tattevin , The validity of medical history, classic symptoms, and chest radiographs in predicting pulmonary tuberculosis: derivation of a pulmonary tuberculosis prediction model. Chest 1999; 115: 1248–1253.
18. R Cohen , The validity of classic symptoms and chest radiographic configuration in predicting pulmonary tuberculosis. Chest 1996; 109: 420–423.
22. CB Chee , Tuberculosis treatment effect on T-cell interferon-gamma responses to Mycobacterium tuberculosis-specific antigens. European Respiratory Journal 2010; 36: 355–361.
25. SC Resch , Cost-effectiveness of treating multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. PLoS Medicine 2006; 3: e241.
26. CA Marra , Health-related quality of life trajectories among adults with tuberculosis: differences between latent and active infection. Chest 2008; 133: 396–403.
27. I Baussano , Tuberculosis incidence in prisons: a systematic review. PLoS Medicine 2010; 7: e1000381.
28. AA Reichard , Assessment of tuberculosis screening and management practices of large jail systems. Public Health Reports 2003; 118: 500–507.
29. D Lee , Global fund financing of tuberculosis services delivery in prisons. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2012; 205: S274–283.
30. SE Reid , Tuberculosis and HIV control in sub-Saharan African prisons: ‘thinking outside the prison cell’. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2012; 205: S265–273.
33. TF Jones , W Schaffner . Miniature chest radiograph screening for tuberculosis in jails: a cost-effectiveness analysis. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2001; 164: 77–81.
35. CR Horsburgh Jr.. Priorities for the treatment of latent tuberculosis infection in the United States. New England Journal of Medicine 2004; 350: 2060–2067.
38. D Menzies , Adverse events with 4 months of rifampin therapy or 9 months of isoniazid therapy for latent tuberculosis infection: a randomized trial. Annals of Internal Medicine 2008; 149: 689–697.