This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. IS Hamnes , B Gjerde , L Robertson . Prevalence of Giardia and Cryptosporidium in dairy calves in three areas of Norway. Veterinary Parasitology 2006; 140: 204–216.
2. C Silverlås , Prevalence and associated management factors of Cryptosporidium shedding in 50 Swedish dairy herds. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 2009; 90: 242–253.
3. C Silverlås , Cryptosporidium infection in herds with and without calf diarrhoeal problems. Parasitology Research 2010; 107: 1435–1444.
4. R Fayer , M Santin , JM Trout . Prevalence of cryptosporidium species and genotypes in mature dairy cattle on farms in eastern United States compared with younger cattle from the same locations. Veterinary Parasitology 2007; 145: 260–266.
Y Feng ,
Wide geographic distribution of Cryptosporidium bovis and the deer-like genotype in bovines. Veterinary Parasitology
2007; 144: 1–9.
M Kvac , J Vitovec . Prevalence and pathogenicity of Cryptosporidium andersoni in one herd of beef cattle. Journal of Veterinary Medicine, Series B
2003; 50: 451–457.
J Höglund , C Svensson , A Hessle . A field survey on the status of internal parasites in calves on organic dairy farms in southwestern Sweden. Veterinary Parasitology
2001; 99: 113–128.
13. GM Faubert , Y Litvinsky . Natural transmission of Cryptosporidium parvum between dams and calves on a dairy farm. Journal of Parasitology 1999; 86: 495–500.
14. BJ Ralston , TA McAllister , ME Olson . Prevalence and infection pattern of naturally acquired giardiasis and cryptosporidiosis in range beef calves and their dams. Veterinary Parasitology 2003; 114: 113–122.
15. C Maddox-Hyttel , Cryptosporidium and giardia in different age groups if Danish cattle and pigs – occurrence and management associated risk factors. Veterinary Parasitology 2006; 141: 48–59.
16. C Silverlås , Molecular characterisation of cryptosporidium isolates from Swedish dairy cattle in relation to age, diarrhoea and region. Veterinary Parasitology 2010; 169: 289–295.
17. N Fall , An observational study on early-lactation metabolic profiles in Swedish organically and conventionally managed dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science 2008; 91: 3983–3992.
18. EE Wildman , A dairy cow body condition scoring system and its relationship to selected production characteristics. Journal of Dairy Science 1982; 65: 495–501.
CA Scott ,
An epidemiological study of Cryptosporidium parvum in two herds of adult beef cattle. Veterinary Parasitology
1995; 57: 277–288.
23. AP Sturdee , Long-term study of cryptosporidium prevalence on a lowland farm in the United Kingdom. Veterinary Parasitology 2003; 116: 97–113.
24. R Fayer , M Santín , L Xiao . Cryptosporidium bovis n.sp. (Apicomplexa: Cryptosporidiidae) in cattle (Bos taurus). Journal of Parasitology 2005; 91: 624–629.
R Fayer , M Santin , JM Trout .
Cryptosporidium ryanae n.sp. (Apicomplexa: Cryptosporidiidae) in cattle (Bos taurus). Veterinary Parasitology
2008; 156: 191–198.