This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
7. F Orskov , I Orskov . Summary of a workshop on the clone concept of the epidemiology, taxonomy and evolution of the Enterobacteriaceae and the bacteria. J Infect Dis 1983; 148: 346–57.
8. ME St. Louis , DL Morse , ME Potter , The emergence of grade A eggs as a major source of Salmonella enteritidis infections: new implications for the control of salmonellosis. JAMA 1988; 259: 2103–7.
10. DJ Platt , JS Sommerville , J Gribben . Sequential acquisition of R-plasmids in vivo by Salmonella typhimurium. J Antimicrob Chemother 1984; 13: 65–9.
11. LW Riley , GT Di Ferdinando , TM De Melfi , ML Cohen . Evaluation of isolated cases of salmonellosis by plasmid profile analysis: introduction and transmission of a bacterial clone by pre-cooked roast beef. J Infect Dis 1983; 148: 12–7.
12. DN Taylor , K Wachsmuth , YU Shangkuan , Salmonellosis associated with marijuana –a multistate outbreak traced by plasmid fingerprinting. N Engl J Med 1982; 306: 1249–53.
13. WE Farrar . Molecular analysis of plasmids in epidemiologic investigation. J Infect Dis 1983; 148: 1–6.
14. DJ Platt , DJ Brown , D Munro . Distribution of plasmids in a representative collection of Scottish salmonellae. J Hyg 1986; 97: 198–204.
18. DJ Platt , J Taggart , KA Heraghty . Molecular divergence of the serotype specific plasmid (pSLT) among strains of Salmonella typhimurium of human and veterinary origin and comparison of pSLT with the serotype specific plasmids of S. enteritidis and S. dublin. J Med Microbiol 1988; 27: 277–84.
20. DJ Platt , JS Sommerville . A simple method for the detection of resistance plasmids in Serratia species by transfer to members of the genus Enterobacter. J Antimicrob Chemother 1981; 8: 145–52.
21. LR Dice . Measures of the amount of ecological association between species. Ecology 1985; 26: 297–302.
22. BD Plikaytis , GM Carlone , P Edmonds , LW Mayer . Robust estimation of standard curves for protein molecular weight and linear-duplex DNA base-pair number after gel electrophoresis. Anal Biochem 1986; 152: 346–64.
26. EJ Threlfall , MD Hampton , H Chart , B Rowe . Identification of a conjugative plasmid carrying antibiotic resistance and salmonella plasmid virulence (spv) genes in epidemic strains of Salmonella typhimurium phage type 193. Lett Appl Microbiol 1994; 18: 82–5.
27. RR Beninger , G Chikami , C Tanabe , C Roudier , J Fierer , DG Guiney . Physical and genetic mapping of the Salmonella dublin virulence plasmid pSDL2. Relationship to plasmids from other salmonella strains. J Clin Invest 1988; 81: 1341–7.
29. M Montenegro , G Morelli , R Helmuth . Heteroduplex analysis of salmonella virulence plasmids and their prevalence in isolates of defined sources. Microb Pathogen 1991; 11: 391–7.
30. J Li , NH Smith , K Nelson , PB Crichton , DC Old , TS Whittam , RK Selander . Evolutionary origin and radiation of the avian-adapted non-motile salmonellae. J Med Microbiol 1993; 38: 129–39.
31. CA Kraft , DJ Platt , MC Timbury . Distribution and transferability of plasmids in trimethoprim-resistant urinary Escherichia coli. Med Microbiol 1983; 16: 433–41.