This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. CA Russell , The global circulation of seasonal influenza A (H3N2) viruses. Science 2008; 320: 340–346.
4. WJ Alonso , Seasonality of influenza in Brazil: a traveling wave from the Amazon to the subtropics. American Journal of Epidemiology 2007; 165: 1434–1442.
5. IV Polozov , Progressive ordering with decreasing temperature of phospholipids of influenza virus. Nature Chemical Biology 2007; 4: 248–255.
6. AC Lowen , Influenza virus transmission is dependent on relative humidity and temperature. PLoS Pathogens 2007; 3: e151.
8. AC Lowen , High temperature (30°C) blocks aerosol but not contact transmission of influenza virus. Journal of Virology 2008; 82: 5650–5652.
9. J-L Sagripanti , CD Lytle . Inactivation of influenza virus by solar radiation. Photochemistry and Photobiology 2007; 83: 1278–1282.
11. V Srinivasan , Melatonin, environmental light and breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment 2008; 108: 339–350.
12. A Carrillo-Vico , A review of the multiple actions of melatonin on the immune system. Endocrine 2005; 27: 189–200.
13. D Vondrašová , I Hájek , H Illnerová . Exposure to long summer days affects the human melatonin and cortisol rhythms. Brain Research 1997; 759: 166–170.
18. FT Chew , Seasonal trends of viral respiratory tract infections in the tropics. Epidemiology and Infection 1998; 121: 121–128.
19. N Marsden-Haug , Code-based syndromic surveillance for influenza-like illness by International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision. Emerging Infectious Disease 2007; 13: 207–216.
23. C Viboud , Synchrony, waves, and spatial hierarchies in the spread of influenza. Science 2006; 312: 447–451.
24. DR Olson , Monitoring the impact of influenza by age: emergency department fever and respiratory complaint surveillance in New York City. PloS Medicine 2007; 4: 1349–1361.
26. JS Brownstein , KD Mandl . Pediatric population size is associated with geographic patterns of acute respiratory infections among adults. Annals Emergency Medicine 2008; 52: 63–68.
30. YK Tu , Problems of correlations between explanatory variables in multiple regression analyses in the dental literature. British Dental Journal 2005; 199: 457–461.
35. T Sakai , Geographic and temporal trends in influenza-like illness, Japan, 1992–1999. Emerging Infectious Disease 2004; 10: 1822–1826.
36. JS Brownstein , CJ Wolfe , KD Mandl . Empirical evidence for the effect of airline travel on inter-regional influenza spread in the United States. PLoS Medicine 2006; 3: e401.
38. DM Fleming , Respiratory illness associated with influenza and respiratory syncytial virus infection. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2005; 90: 741–746.
39. CM Liu , Temperature drops and the onset of severe avian influenza A H5N1 virus outbreaks. PLoS One 2007; 2: e191.