This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
4. D Barua . History of cholera. In: D Barua , WB Greenough III, eds. Cholera. New York, London: Plenum Medical Book Company, 1992, pp. 1–36.
5. R Sakazaki . Bacteriology of V. cholerae and related organism. In: D Barua , WB Greenough III, eds. Cholera. New York, London: Plenum Medical Book Company, 1992, pp. 37–55.
8. GB Nair , Spread of Vibrio cholerae O139 Bengal in India. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1994; 169: 1029–1034.
11. RB Sack , A 4-year study of the epidemiology of Vibrio cholerae in four rural areas of Bangladesh. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2003; 187: 96–101.
15. A-M Svennerholm , J Holmgren . Identification of Escherichia coli heat – labile enterotoxin by means of a ganglioside immunosorbent assay (GM1-ELISA) procedure. Current Microbiology 1978; 1: 19–23.
16. M Iwanaga , Culture conditions for stimulating cholera toxin production by Vibrio cholerae O1 El Tor. Microbiology and Immunology 1986; 30: 1075–1083.
18. GB Nair , New variants of Vibrio cholerae O1 biotype El Tor with attributes of the classical biotype from hospitalised patients with acute diarrhoea in Bangladesh. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2002; 40: 3296–3299.
19. SM Faruque , Genomic analysis of the Mozambique strain of Vibrio cholerae O1 reveals the origin of El Tor strain carrying classical CTX prophage. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2007; 104: 5151–5156.
20. GB Nair , Cholera due to altered El Tor strains of Vibrio cholerae O1 in Bangladesh. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2006; 44: 4211–4213.
22. AK Siddique , Why treatment failed to prevent cholera deaths among Rwandan refugees in Goma, Zaire. Lancet 1995; 345: 359–361.
23. DA Sack , RB Sack , CL Chaignat . Getting serious about cholera. New England Journal of Medicine 2006; 355: 649–651.