1. Brauers, J, et al. Surveillance of linezolid resistance in Germany, 2001–2002. Clinical Microbiology and Infection 2005; 11: 39–46.
2. Meka, VG, Gold, HS. Antimicrobial resistance to linezolid. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2004; 39: 1010–1015.
3. Raad, II, et al. Clinical-use-associated decrease in susceptibility of vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium to linezolid: a comparison with quinupristin-dalfopristin. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 2004; 48: 3583–3585.
4. Gonzales, RD, et al. Infections due to vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium resistant to linezolid. Lancet 2001; 357: 1179.
5. Pai, MP, et al. Risk factors associated with the development of infection with linezolid- and vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2002; 35: 1269–1272.
6. Borgmann, S, et al. Discrimination between epidemic and non-epidemic glycopeptide-resistant E. faecium in a post-outbreak situation. Journal of Hospital Infection 2007. Published online: 30 July 2007. doi:10.1016/j.jhin.2007.06.002.
7. Tenover, FC, et al. Interpreting chromosomal DNA restriction patterns produced by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis: criteria for bacterial strain typing. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 1995; 33: 2233–2239.
8. Marshall, SH, et al. Gene dosage and linezolid resistance in Enterococcus faecium and Enterococcus faecalis. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 2002; 46: 3334–3336.
9. Schulte, B, et al. Linezolid-resistant E. faecium isolated from an open joint fracture: a report of the first isolate from Italy? International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health 2005; 208: 477–480.
10. Jones, RN, et al. Linezolid-resistant Enterococcus faecium isolated from a patient without prior exposure to an oxazolidinone: report from the SENTRY Antimicrobial Surveillance Program. Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease 2002; 42: 137–139.
11. Rahim, S, et al. Linezolid-resistant, vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium infection in patients without prior exposure to linezolid. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2003; 36: E146–E148.
12. Bonora, MG, et al. Emergence of linezolid resistance in Enterococcus faecium not dependent on linezolid treatment. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 2006; 25: 197–198.
13. Herrero, IA, Issa, NC, Patel, R. Nosocomial spread of linezolid-resistant, vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium. New England Journal of Medicine 2002; 346: 867–869.
14. Dobbs, TE, et al. Nosocomial spread of Enterococcus faecium resistant to vancomycin and linezolid in a tertiary care medical center. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2006; 44: 3368–3370.