This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. R Cantón , Prevalence and spread of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in Europe. Clinical Microbiology and Infection 2008; 14 (Suppl. 1): 144–153.
V Jarlier ,
Extended broad-spectrum beta-lactamases conferring transferable resistance to newer beta-lactam agents in Enterobacteriaceae: hospital prevalence and susceptibility patterns. Reviews of Infectious Diseases
1988; 10: 867–878.
4. TR Walsh . Clinically significant carbapenemases: an update. Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases 2008; 21: 367–371.
N Woodford , JF Turton , DM Livermore . Multiresistant Gram-negative bacteria: the role of high-risk clones in the dissemination of antibiotic resistance. FEMS Microbiology Reviews
2011; 35: 736–755.
6. M-H Nicolas-Chanoine , Intercontinental emergence of Escherichia coli clone O25:H4-ST131 producing CTX-M-15. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2008; 61: 273–281.
V Leflon-Guibout ,
Emergence and spread of three clonally related virulent isolates of CTX-M-15-producing Escherichia coli with variable resistance to aminoglycosides and tetracycline in a French geriatric hospital. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
2004; 48: 3736–3742.
9. L Diancourt , Multilocus sequence typing of Klebsiella pneumoniae nosocomial isolates. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2005; 43: 4178–4182.
I Damjanova ,
Expansion and countrywide dissemination of ST11, ST15 and ST147 ciprofloxacin-resistant CTX-M-15-type beta-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae epidemic clones in Hungary in 2005-the new ‘MRSAs’?
Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
2008; 62: 978–985.
G Peirano ,
Molecular epidemiology of extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae over a 10 year period in Calgary, Canada. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
2012; 67: 1114–1120.
MY Lee ,
High prevalence of CTX-M-15-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates in Asian countries: diverse clones and clonal dissemination. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents
2011; 38: 160–163.
A Valverde ,
Complex molecular epidemiology of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases in Klebsiella pneumoniae: a long-term perspective from a single institution in Madrid. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
2008; 61: 64–72.
16. P Gastmeier , A cluster of nosocomial Klebsiella pneumoniae bloodstream infections in a neonatal intensive care department: identification of transmission and intervention. American Journal of Infection Control 2003; 31: 424–430.
17. M Blanco , Molecular epidemiology of Escherichia coli producing extended-spectrum beta-lactamases in Lugo (Spain): dissemination of clone O25b:H4-ST131 producing CTX-M-15. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2009; 63: 1135–1141.
B Lytsy ,
The first major extended-spectrum beta-lactamase outbreak in Scandinavia was caused by clonal spread of a multiresistant Klebsiella pneumoniae producing CTX-M-15. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica, et Immunologica Scandinavica
2008; 116: 302–308.
JB Nielsen ,
Identification of CTX-M15-, SHV-28-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae ST15 as an epidemic clone in the Copenhagen area using a semi-automated Rep-PCR typing assay. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases
2011; 30: 773–778.
20. CH Lester , Emergence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in Danish hospitals; this is in part explained by spread of two CTX-M-15 clones with multilocus sequence types 15 and 16 in Zealand. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents 2011; 38: 180–182.
LM Seki ,
Molecular epidemiology of KPC-2- producing Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates in Brazil: the predominance of sequence type 437. Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease
2011; 70: 274–277.
22. LN Andrade , Dissemination of blaKPC-2 by the spread of Klebsiella pneumoniae clonal complex 258 clones (ST258, ST11, ST437) and plasmids (IncFII, IncN, IncL/M) among Enterobacteriaceae species in Brazil. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 2011; 55: 3579–3583.
23. J Oteo , Emergence of CTX-M-15-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae of multilocus sequence types 1, 11, 14, 17, 20, 35 and 36 as pathogens and colonizers in newborns and adults. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2009; 64: 524–528.
K Diestra ,
Multiclonal epidemic of Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates producing DHA-1 in a Spanish hospital. Clinical Microbiology and Infection
2011; 17: 1032–1036.
25. P Giakkoupi , An update of the evolving epidemic of blaKPC-2-carrying Klebsiella pneumoniae in Greece (2009–10). Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2011; 66: 1510–1513.
26. S Brisse , Virulent clones of Klebsiella pneumoniae: identification and evolutionary scenario based on genomic and phenotypic characterization. PLoS One 2009; 4: e4982.
D Elhani ,
Molecular epidemiology of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae strains in a university hospital in Tunis, Tunisia, 1999-2005. Clinical Microbiology and Infection
2010; 16: 157–164.
G Cuzon ,
Outbreak of OXA-48-positive carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates in France. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
2011; 55: 2420–2423.
C Pitart ,
First outbreak of a plasmid-mediated carbapenem-hydrolyzing OXA-48 beta-lactamase in Klebsiella pneumoniae in Spain. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
2011; 55: 4398–4401.
A Adler ,
Introduction of OXA-48-producing Enterobacteriaceae to Israeli hospitals by medical tourism. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
2011; 66: 2763–2766.
J Hrabák ,
International clones of Klebsiella pneumoniae and Escherichia coli with extended-spectrum beta-lactamases in a Czech hospital. Journal of Clinical Microbiology
2009; 47: 3353–3357.
B Kitchel ,
Molecular epidemiology of KPC-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates in the United States: clonal expansion of multilocus sequence type 258. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
2009; 53: 3365–3370.
KS Ko ,
Predominance of an ST11 extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae clone causing bacteraemia and urinary tract infections in Korea. Journal of Medical Microbiology
2010; 59: 822–828.
J Shin , DH Kim , KS Ko . Comparison of CTX-M-14- and CTX-M-15-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates from patients with bacteremia. Journal of Infection
2011; 63: 39–47.
A Coelho ,
Detection of three stable genetic clones of CTX-M-15-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in the Barcelona metropolitan area, Spain. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
2009; 64: 862–864.
A Leavitt ,
Molecular epidemiology, sequence types, and plasmid analyses of KPC-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae strains in Israel. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
2010; 54: 3002–3006.
V Leflon-Guibout ,
Absence of CTX-M enzymes but high prevalence of clones, including clone ST131, among fecal Escherichia coli isolates from healthy subjects living in the area of Paris, France. Journal of Clinical Microbiology
2008; 46: 3900–3905.